inter-racial Watch

This discussion is closed.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by FoxNewsRocks)
IMO if our creator wanted us all mixed up he would have made us that way to begin with. We are all humans yes, but that doesnt mean we were meant to intermingle. Lions and tigers dont mix, chimpanzees and gorillas dont mix, hummingbirds and bluejays dont mix. One wise phD once said "once you lose your races culture, it is doomed to failure" and no matter what race you may be, i believe that to be true.
Lions and tigers are different species. All the human races belong to the same species. Learn some biology

I can't see how anyone could have a problem with interracial relationships - you should be with the person you love, no matter their skin colour or culture, surely :confused:
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ToshTrent)
I wonder if cross breading is a reason for allot of the illnesses? Perhaps there is a jean which does not combine the same and then causes irregularities in the system.
Inbreeding causes problems. That's why they don't allow you to marry your siblings or your close relatives. Cross-breeding in most species produces stronger individuals, like Gnostic says it encourages evolution. And evolution permits the survival of only the strongest (didn't use fittest here Madnatsci )

Where on earth did you come up with the idea that cross-breeding is the root of all modern illnesses?
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mysticmin)
Inbreeding causes problems. That's why they don't allow you to marry your siblings or your close relatives. Cross-breeding in most species produces stronger individuals, like Gnostic says it encourages evolution. And evolution permits the survival of only the strongest (didn't use fittest here Matnatsci )

Where on earth did you come up with the idea that cross-breeding is the root of all modern illnesses?

Hehe, I'd go for 'best adapted to their environment', mouthful though it is!

But yeah, cross-breeding contributes to variation and variation has always been a good thing for nature. Not that evolution applies in the same ways to humans anymore, since for the most part we control our environment.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
Lions and tigers are different species. All the human races belong to the same species. Learn some biology

I can't see how anyone could have a problem with interracial relationships - you should be with the person you love, no matter their skin colour or culture, surely :confused:
Lions and tigers are both cats aren't they? :confused:
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ReturnofGnostic)
I was reading, today, the Dalai Lama's Book of Awakening. On page 6 he notes, "to Buddhists the idea of a Creator God sometimes sounds like nonsense."

The mixing of genes increases evolution.
If the Dalai Lama says it I guess it must be true.
Mysticmin
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Lions and tigers are both cats aren't they? :confused:
Is it actually possible for them to interbreed? I didn't think it was.
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Is it actually possible for them to interbreed? I didn't think it was.
They can't interbreed. They're both from the cat family, but different species:

Lion = Panthera leo
Tiger = Panthera tigris
Mysticmin
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Lion = Panthera leo
Tiger = Panthera tigris
Brilliant, that just proves he was talking rubbish then.
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Brilliant, that just proves he was talking rubbish then.
Hehe

Although with a name like 'FoxNewsRocks' I can't help but wonder if he wasn't extracting the urine...
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Lion = Panthera leo
Tiger = Panthera tigris
Are you sure they can't interbreed? I know they recently bred a Llama with a Camel for example. (Actually I havn't got a clue what I'm talking about here so please humor me)
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Are you sure they can't interbreed? I know they recently bred a Llama with a Camel for example. (Actually I havn't got a clue what I'm talking about here so please humor me)
They could probably do it with some genetic engineering....

In a nutshell, I'm sure: animals are classified as belonging to different species when they cannot interbreed to produce fertile offspring. (The donkey and the horse are different species even though you can cross them to produce a mule - it's infertile (to do with numbers of chromosomes)) As far as I'm aware no-one's ever successfully crossed a lion with a tiger...

But anyway, back to the main point - humans are the same species and so it's fine for our races to interbreed, or our 'Creator' would doubtless have made us different species, in His wisdom :rolleyes: I haven't noticed that mixed race people are any less fertile than "pedigree" people (incidentally, the use of pedigree is sarcastic!)
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ArisGreenleaf)
How...insensitive, to say the least. Apartheid was only legally repealed in Africa around 1990. Blacks only gained equal rights in the US in 1964. Do you think that either of those two things made whites who hates blacks stop hating them? And who's whining? Sure America's great and everything with blacks, but do you realize the hell that they've had to go through trying to be a part of this country?
What history book are you reading. What equal rights were gained in 1964?
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What history book are you reading. What equal rights were gained in 1964?

In America. Civil Rights I mean.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In America.
I gathered that. But WHAT equal rights are you referring to?
Aeris
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I gathered that. But WHAT equal rights are you referring to?

You mean you don't know?

NO more literacy tests to keep blacks from voting for starters...plenty of other things.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/civil...ine1.html#1964

Racial discrimination in public places, like theatres or hotels, was banned There were "whites only" bathrooms and fountains before.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You mean you don't know?

NO more literacy tests to keep blacks from voting for starters...plenty of other things.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/civil...ine1.html#1964
So, was that the law before? That blacks had to be property owners, be able to read the constitution in German, etc before being able to vote? Was that federal law or just something peculiar to MS?
Aeris
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So, was that the law before? That blacks had to be property owners, be able to read the constitution in German, etc before being able to vote? Was that federal law or just something peculiar to MS?
MS?
It was the law in the South, "Jim Crow" laws. The police could actually enforce it against blacks without being questioned.
Aeris
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Alright! Who gave negative rep? That was completely uncalled for. I'm just posting links to websites. I haven't done anything wrong.
Howard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
MS?
It was the law in the South, "Jim Crow" laws. The police could actually enforce it against blacks without being questioned.
Weren't the Jim Crow laws segregationalist laws rather than laws that restricted sufferage?
Aeris
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Weren't the Jim Crow laws segregationalist laws rather than laws that restricted sufferage?
I suppose you're right. Whatever...someone just gave me negative rep! Restricting blacks from voting is segregationalist.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (4)
44.44%
No - I got the required grades (4)
44.44%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (1)
11.11%

Watched Threads