The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Uni tomorrow!!!

From months to weeks to days and now a FEW HOURS!!!!!! I don't know if I'm the only one who's excited but anyway, uni tomorrowwww!! See you all!!!! 😘😘😘😘😘

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Good luck new freshers. I hope to see you all at Fresher's Fair.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by Mimz67
From months to weeks to days and now a FEW HOURS!!!!!! I don't know if I'm the only one who's excited but anyway, uni tomorrowwww!! See you all!!!!

So..... how did it go?
Reply 3
I HATE THIS UNI. HATE HATE HATE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Wow....
Original post by Mimz67

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woah... What happened?
Reply 6
my Uni is starting today and I can't sleeeeep!!!
Original post by Mimz67
From months to weeks to days and now a FEW HOURS!!!!!! I don't know if I'm the only one who's excited but anyway, uni tomorrowwww!! See you all!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Mimz67

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that escalated quickly. lol.
Original post by Mimz67

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you hate it?! I'm applying for Sussex next year!
Looool I hated Sussex as well!
Original post by Tolaaa
Looool I hated Sussex as well!

Why's that?
Original post by emilyblondiex
Why's that?

Well it was tiny, they say its 10mins away from Brighton when it's really 45min+ on the bus and in the middle of fields (you can hear cows moo'ing) and the motorway, the teaching was **** (In my opinion) and the people weren't really my kind of people and most accommodation on campus doesn't have any phone signal plus it has dropped significantly in league tables and isn't regarded as good in employers eyes (I have spoken to various people) plus my experience of fresher's was actually the worst year of my life where as people from other uni's had the best time of their lifes :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tolaaa
Well it was tiny, they say its 10mins away from Brighton when it's really 45min+ on the bus and in the middle of fields (you can hear cows moo'ing) and the motorway, the teaching was **** (In my opinion) and the people weren't really my kind of people and most accommodation on campus doesn't have any phone signal plus it has dropped significantly in league tables and isn't regarded as good in employers eyes (I have spoken to various people) plus my experience of fresher's was actually the worst year of my life where as people from other uni's had the best time of their lifes :/

Whilst I respect your opinion - I feel a should hop in and correct the factual mistake - the train to brighton is 10 minutes or less. The bus doesn't take that long either, depending on which one you catch and how busy it is. It's ridiculously easy to get into brighton. And I've never heard cows...but what's wrong with cows? IT's the noise from the housemates that will be bothering you :wink:
No University is going to suit everyone who goes there. This is why it is so important that you go to Open Days etc and think about the reality of spending three years in that place, and not making this decision for superficial reasons.

Overwhelmingly those who do go to Sussex love it - both the University and the town. And employers arent that picky, despite what school leavers love to believe - my degree from Sussex has never, ever, been sneered at. If anything, Sussex grads have a reputation for independent thought, concern for social justice issues and dont obsess about 'salary', more often simply being content to contribute something to the world, to 'make a difference' to the lives of others, without feeling the need to strut about the world stage showing off - the world has been made a better place by many, many of then.
Original post by gypsyclimber
Whilst I respect your opinion - I feel a should hop in and correct the factual mistake - the train to brighton is 10 minutes or less. The bus doesn't take that long either, depending on which one you catch and how busy it is. It's ridiculously easy to get into brighton. And I've never heard cows...but what's wrong with cows? IT's the noise from the housemates that will be bothering you :wink:

Into Brighton which is theoretically one main road, if you're from London Brighton is nothing compared and the bus does infant take that long, the 23 or 25 from campus, I should know I've lived there for how many years... and if you live/lived in Northfield you would hear cows on a regular basis (hence its a secluded area, unlike other cities where there's no cows there are there)
Original post by Tolaaa
Into Brighton which is theoretically one main road, if you're from London Brighton is nothing compared and the bus does infant take that long, the 23 or 25 from campus, I should know I've lived there for how many years... and if you live/lived in Northfield you would hear cows on a regular basis (hence its a secluded area, unlike other cities where there's no cows there are there)

Oh right, perhaps I should start timing the bus a little more pedantically. I've never found the bus journey to take an annoyingly long time, it's prompt enough to do the job for me. It's certainly never taken 45 minutes. And unfortunately I couldn't afford Northfield, though I hope the sheer size and luxury of your flat made up for the annoying sounds of silly mother nature at the back door. God damn those cows! Give me traffic and pollution any day... Seriously though..what the hell is wrong with the odd moo? I'd much prefer that to the sounds of rush hour.
Oh right, perhaps I should start timing the bus a little more pedantically. I've never found the bus journey to take an annoyingly long time, it's prompt enough to do the job for me. It's certainly never taken 45 minutes. And unfortunately I couldn't afford Northfield, though I hope the sheer size and luxury of your flat made up for the annoying sounds of silly mother nature at the back door. God damn those cows! Give me traffic and pollution any day... Seriously though..what the hell is wrong with the odd moo? I'd much prefer that to the sounds of rush hour.

Everyone I know complains about the bus, you are the only person that hasn't... and boohoo the same things I hear all the time about how Northfield is for the rich people and not everyone can afford it blah blah blah, I really don't care at all. And our rooms were smaller than places like Lewes court who paid less so the size of the flat doesn't even come under this argument. Some city people (Like me) would prefer traffic and pollution than cows moo'ing 24/7, its preference so I'm not saying you should agree with me once again I couldn't care less!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tolaaa
Everyone I know complains about the bus, you are the only person that hasn't... and boohoo the same things I hear all the time about how Northfield is for the rich people and not everyone can afford it blah blah blah, I really don't care at all. And our rooms were smaller than places like Lewes court who paid less so the size of the flat doesn't even come under this argument. Some city people (Like me) would prefer traffic and pollution than cows moo'ing 24/7, its preference so I'm not saying you should agree with me once again I couldn't care less!

Hmm...none of my friends complain about the bus. That's cool though, and don't worry, I know you don't care and it's not my intention to make you care. Just thought it was worthwhile prospective students got both sides of the coin - that you can use the train to get to brighton in less than 10 minutes and that a lot of people think the bus is perfectly adequate. And trust me, I'm not 'boohooing' about not having had ridiculously expensive accommodation... I'm afraid if it's jealousy you're expecting to hear you may have to look elsewhere. I am perfectly happy with my lot - more money to spend on other things and at least I don't have to listen to those gosh darn cows - sounds like a right pain in the butt!
Hmm...none of my friends complain about the bus. That's cool though, and don't worry, I know you don't care and it's not my intention to make you care. Just thought it was worthwhile prospective students got both sides of the coin - that you can use the train to get to brighton in less than 10 minutes and that a lot of people think the bus is perfectly adequate. And trust me, I'm not 'boohooing' about not having had ridiculously expensive accommodation... I'm afraid if it's jealousy you're expecting to hear you may have to look elsewhere. I am perfectly happy with my lot - more money to spend on other things and at least I don't have to listen to those gosh darn cows - sounds like a right pain in the butt!

No one even takes the train to Brighton unless they live off of campus or are going home because its on the far end of campus (the train station) and yep, all I know is that I'm no only speaking about myself but everyone in my year as well. Well firstly, I didn't have ridiculously expensive accommodation, no one says anything about swanbrough when they pay nearly the same amount as northfield and I wasn't expecting jealousy just didn't expect you to be one of those many people who bring accommodation into a debate which has nothing to do with where someone lived :confused:. More money to spend? HA don't make me laugh, I'm sure everyone in Northfield has plenty of money to spend after all we do have 'ridiculously expensive and luxury flats'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending