The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth Applicants 2014 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
For anyone who is heading into halls this coming September, this is the kind of internet speed which is awaiting you! Just in case you're interested in how speedy the internet is in uni-owned accommodation.

This test was conducted at 11:19am, so not the quietest time of day, and via the ethernet connection, not wifi. However, the speed is generally very, very fast through both forms of connections, especially when it's considered that thousands upon thousands of people are using it at the same time.

On a side note, be advised that if you're planning on downloading games/movies, then you run the risk of being restricted to normal speeds, rather than high-speeds, as the uni has a non-academic usage policy. However, things like Steam can be used (moderately) if you open ports on the firewalls, which is easy to do once you're up and running on the network. Plus, there is a fair usage limit of 12GB per day, which is usually enough for any user.
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Hey I got my merit award, and I've already firmed aber, I've applied for international politics and intelligence studies and was wandering who else have firmed or got in already ?
Coz it'll be nice to talk to future class mates :P
Original post by Katrine642
Hey I got my merit award, and I've already firmed aber, I've applied for international politics and intelligence studies and was wandering who else have firmed or got in already ?

Hi Katrine,

I've moved your post into the 2014 Applicants Megathread, there you will find users who have applied to Aber. If you look in the Entrance Scholarship thread you will find users with merit awards and scholarships.

Also please refrain from using text speak on The Student Room. We don't charge per the letter! :smile:

Thanks,
The Optimistic Ram.
HI, I've got an unconditional too! I'll be studding Inter Pol with History! :smile:
Original post by kellouise96
HI, I've got an unconditional too! I'll be studding Inter Pol with History! :smile:

Hi Kellouise96,

Huge congrats on your unconditional offer! :smile: Why not introduce yourself to your fellow students on this thread :smile:

Original post by Katrine642

Hi Katrine642,

Well done on the Merit Award! I know lots of people are confirmed on an InterPol course of some description as they're chatting on the Aberystwyth University 2014 Unofficial Social Group on Facebook. Like I've said to Kellouise96, why not introduce yourself on this thread?

If you both have any other questions just let me know or post in the forum!

Cheers,
James
Accepted my offer and just wondering when I should hear from the Uni? (firmed a week ago)
Original post by ClockEnd
Accepted my offer and just wondering when I should hear from the Uni? (firmed a week ago)

Hi ClockEnd,

That's great to hear! You should hear from the Accommodation Office about applying to your accommodation in the next week. They send letters and emails out in batches...

Private message me with your details: Name, student number, email address and I'll check the system to make sure all is ok :smile:

James :smile:
TaylorBernie - Hi! I've also applied to do Geography. I have an unconditional and it's my first choice. Are you doing physical or human or both? I'm Physical :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by EmmaB1996
TaylorBernie - Hi! I've also applied to do Geography. I have an unconditional and it's my first choice. Are you doing physical or human or both? I'm Physical :smile:

Hi Emma :smile:

Great news about your Unconditional! If you need any help let me know :smile:

James
Anyone else firmed Psychology here? :smile:
Original post by lucyjanegwill
Anyone else firmed Psychology here? :smile:

Hi Lucyjanegwill

That's great to hear you're firmed with us :smile:

If you have any Qs just let me know.

Hi,
anyone else doing interpol and intelligence studies? :smile:
Is there a forum or fb page/group for new applicants?

Max :smile:
Original post by Max_Chan95
Hi,
anyone else doing interpol and intelligence studies? :smile:
Is there a forum or fb page/group for new applicants?

Max :smile:

Hi Max_Chan95

I know there are loads of people doing Interpol :smile: Hopefully a few of them will say hi on here! Alternatively if you join our Aberystwyth University: Entry 2014 page on Facebook you will be able to join the 2014 Aberystwyth University Social Group...

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help :smile:

Cheers,
Reply 153
I've been offered an unconditional place on Interpol & Int too. I'm not sure if I'll accept though, waiting to hear from Hull... Who were too slow so I've accepted the place at Aber.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pizen
I've been offered an unconditional place on Interpol & Int too. I'm not sure if I'll accept though, waiting to hear from Hull...

Hi Pizen,

A huge congratulations on the unconditional offer! If you need anything just let me / us know :smile:

Cheers,
James
Hi all :smile:

The Welcome Week Booklet is now online - https://bitly.com/1xMEdPF

Quick Reply

Latest