The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hey i was also retarded and didnt notice "eurozone"

but i did talk about Euro and Single European Market and the resulting advantages/disadvantages so might get about 2 marks perhaps...

yea that paper was a piece of gay, but hopefully i have earnt my C or lower (depending on what i get in development) and can get my overall A

:-)
Reply 21
topless,

i talked to a fair bit about the new members for last question. Dont think it is total disaster because the EU10 would be trying to achieve the convergence crtieria which the existing members abide by... neone else agree?
Reply 22
arvinfeltham
hey i was also retarded and didnt notice "eurozone"

but i did talk about Euro and Single European Market and the resulting advantages/disadvantages so might get about 2 marks perhaps...

yea that paper was a piece of gay, but hopefully i have earnt my C or lower (depending on what i get in development) and can get my overall A

:-)

lolz :biggrin:
Reply 23
For the last question did anyone talk about the transmission mechanism? i.e how joining the single market (for the UK) would probably lead to lower interest rates as since the inception of the Euro, the ECB's r% has consistenlty been lower than the MPC's one....this would lead to increased investment (marginal Efficiency of Capital increases) and ultimately will lead to economic growth, then you could have talked about how econonomic growth affects macroeconimc performance???
Reply 24
tkane
For the last question did anyone talk about the transmission mechanism? i.e how joining the single market (for the UK) would probably lead to lower interest rates as since the inception of the Euro, the ECB's r% has consistenlty been lower than the MPC's one....this would lead to increased investment (marginal Efficiency of Capital increases) and ultimately will lead to economic growth, then you could have talked about how econonomic growth affects macroeconimc performance???

I didnt but its a valid point amoung many.
did anyone talk about the constarints of the fiscal stability pact on the last question and the befit of lower inflation mean lower interest rates
Reply 26
I think based on past papers you have to get about 70-75% to get an A.
Also thought it was a nice paper, although, unlike mazinmatt i planned my time perfectly and had loads of time to write for the 20marker- but you are a genius and will still have done better than me like you always do! I told Young that i'd been blagging A-level eco all this time and actually knew nothing....he said "so like everyone else then!"
Reply 27
Pippin

Do you know what the boundaries normally are for an A in 2888?
Reply 28
maggot brains
did anyone talk about the constarints of the fiscal stability pact on the last question and the befit of lower inflation mean lower interest rates

Yeh, its one of the major draw backs and you can talk evaluatively. Eg. contraitns restrict fiscal and supply side policy but they give stability
Reply 29
tkane
Do you know what the boundaries normally are for an A in 2888?

Sorry, i mean past 2888 papers, not ones we've done before
i think you need around 43-45 it depends to 96UMS, hope that helps
Reply 31
maggot brains
i think you need around 43-45 it depends to 96UMS, hope that helps

wow! is that from past examinations or just a good guess? Surely people don't do that badly in this module!?!?
Reply 32
tkane
wow! is that from past examinations or just a good guess? Surely people don't do that badly in this module!?!?

think he meant out of 60, which therefore is around 75%
Reply 33
dholmes_7
think he meant out of 60, which therefore is around 75%

Yes but 75% for an OCR economics paper...it's rather low isn't it?? It's about 82% (37/45) on 2881 :confused:
Reply 34
Pippin
Also thought it was a nice paper, although, unlike mazinmatt i planned my time perfectly and had loads of time to write for the 20marker- but you are a genius and will still have done better than me like you always do! I told Young that i'd been blagging A-level eco all this time and actually knew nothing....he said "so like everyone else then!"

lol he would say that - the same applies to SY! Although I'd like to think I know something about economics, otherwise I totally deceived Oxford! I'm delighted you planned your time perfectly pippin, your 20 marker should therefore be top notch, unless you had too much time and tried to put too much in (i'm evaluating my answer here see?)...
what was the 15 mark question
Reply 36
for the 20 marker i evaluated the macro policies against its performance idicators, so spoke about fiscal (stability pact) then analysed how this affected inflation, unemployment, b.o.p and growth! i hope thats right...unless i can kiss my mjarks away. My conclusion was that all help b.o.p and inflation to remain relatively low at the expense of g.d.p and unemployment as shown in fig 1...then i was comparing this to the outsiders and said that they appear to have the right balance and over time achieve all 4.

Please tell me that that is kinda what it was about!!!!!! PLEASE!!!
Reply 37
xty
for the 20 marker i evaluated the macro policies against its performance idicators, so spoke about fiscal (stability pact) then analysed how this affected inflation, unemployment, b.o.p and growth! i hope thats right...unless i can kiss my mjarks away. My conclusion was that all help b.o.p and inflation to remain relatively low at the expense of g.d.p and unemployment as shown in fig 1...then i was comparing this to the outsiders and said that they appear to have the right balance and over time achieve all 4.

Please tell me that that is kinda what it was about!!!!!! PLEASE!!!

If your teacher is a exam board marker they should recieve the marks scheme tommorow.
Reply 38
oo can sum1 put the markscheme up if they get it