Describe the human and physical features of the coast Watch

justwanttopass
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, I'm Doing AS Geog "Crowded Coasts" And have to answer "describe the human and physical features of the coast" (10 Marks) However I Know the Points (Below) but do not know how to describe them, If possible could someone describe at least a few - Would Be Very Helpful
Physical : Spit/Bar/Tombolo, Beaches/Cliffs, Natural Harbour, Sand Dune Ecosystems, Woodland Near Coast
Human : Port, Settlement, New Shoreline Homes/Hotels, Road leading to ferry, Ferries/Boats, Footpaths in dunes
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
DavidYorkshireFTW
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by justwanttopass)
Hi, I'm Doing AS Geog "Crowded Coasts" And have to answer "describe the human and physical features of the coast" (10 Marks) However I Know the Points (Below) but do not know how to describe them, If possible could someone describe at least a few - Would Be Very Helpful
Physical : Spit/Bar/Tombolo, Beaches/Cliffs, Natural Harbour, Sand Dune Ecosystems, Woodland Near Coast
Human : Port, Settlement, New Shoreline Homes/Hotels, Road leading to ferry, Ferries/Boats, Footpaths in dunes
A spit is where long shore drift has transported dunes and then deposited then just off a headland, the spit is normally in the direction of the prevailing wind.
Beaches are where the cliff has been eroded by abrasion, erosion and hydrolic action, resulting in much smaller eroded rocks being deposited in from of them.
These aren't great descriptions, it was a while since I did AS Geography
justwanttopass
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW)
A spit is where long shore drift has transported dunes and then deposited then just off a headland, the spit is normally in the direction of the prevailing wind.
Beaches are where the cliff has been eroded by abrasion, erosion and hydrolic action, resulting in much smaller eroded rocks being deposited in from of them.
These aren't great descriptions, it was a while since I did AS Geography
Thank You!!!
my_brain
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hi yes for geog I'm doing a project on sustainability in Brighton. Beaches can be very popular due to the stunning views over the sea and it can be very relaxing for parents and the elderly as they watch their kids play in the sea. The beaches and cliffs have been eroded in a certain way due to the sea, a physical element, washing upon the rocks and pebbles.

The woodlands have been there since ages and the port was built by humans to bring the boats in. The road is humane because it can get very busy.

That's all I know.

Hope this helps xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (60)
23.62%
No (194)
76.38%

Watched Threads