did anyone go to that Universities Convention thingy ? ( in chelmsford ) Watch

This discussion is closed.
DazYa
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
jst out of interest

it had people there that were 'sponsering' their universities including oxford and cambridge ..... basically there to advertise their universities and give advice to people

it was at a place called the APU and took place summer last year
amyitfc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by DazYa13)
jst out of interest

it had people there that were 'sponsering' their universities including oxford and cambridge ..... basically there to advertise their universities and give advice to people

hiya

yeh we did its just around the corner from my school on broomfield road.
it was a bit of a waste of time though, all i did was pick up copies of prospectuses of unis i had no intention of appying to then having to lug the whole lot back home. i think for people who were a bit further behind in their research it would have been ok though.
_ELiTeCoOkie_
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amyitfc)
hiya

it was a bit of a waste of time though, all i did was pick up copies of prospectuses of unis i had no intention of appying to then having to lug the whole lot back home. i think for people who were a bit further behind in their research it would have been ok though.
lol yeah , i can recall a broomfield hospital?

so you went????? that was last summer..... right?
_ELiTeCoOkie_
Report 14 years ago
by the way i am DazYa
Pixelfairy #1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hiya

Is it the same as the UCAS Convention? I went to the one at the GMEX in Manchester in february... it was quite good although after walking round once and picking up dozens of prospectuses, that was it. Afternoon off college tho

Most people there were using their UCAS cards and getting the prospectuses posted... we couldn't cos ours were sent to the wrong college
_ELiTeCoOkie_
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pixelfairy #1)
Is it the same as the UCAS Convention? I went to the one at the GMEX in Manchester in february... it was quite good although after walking round once and picking up dozens of prospectuses, that was it. Afternoon off college tho

Most people there were using their UCAS cards and getting the prospectuses posted... we couldn't cos ours were sent to the wrong college
what the ****!?
Pixelfairy #1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by _ELiTeCoOkie_)
what the ****!?
Sorry was that something different?
_ELiTeCoOkie_
Report 14 years ago
Sorry was that something different?
yes
Pixelfairy #1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yes
OK Sorry
_ELiTeCoOkie_
Report 14 years ago
OK Sorry
np
johncleaner
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by DazYa13)
jst out of interest

Yeah I went there, but got bored after 10 minutes and left.
amyitfc
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol yeah , i can recall a broomfield hospital?

so you went????? that was last summer..... right?
yeah it was last summer, i remember cos along with the ten tonnes of prospectuses i had to walk back to sch with (& the damn free bag broke) it was q warm! a traumatic experience im sure.
_ELiTeCoOkie_
Report 14 years ago
yeah it was last summer, i remember cos along with the ten tonnes of prospectuses i had to walk back to sch with (& the damn free bag broke) it was q warm! a traumatic experience im sure.
LOL me and my friends and had such a laugh there - did you go to the other builidings where they give talks about a particular field, i.e. dentistry, medicine, sports science?
_ELiTeCoOkie_
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by johncleaner)
Yeah I went there, but got bored after 10 minutes and left.
LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL man, you might as well have turned the place into a night club with every girl wearing low cut tops and short skirts
James_W
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeh I did actually... lovely weather I seem to remember! Just used it as a day off more than anything else... didn't learn much.
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I went on the Friday instead, coz I went to Bristol on the Thursday. It was traumatic, the woman at the York stand was eggy and I ran into my ex-boyfriend, which is never good.
amyitfc
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
LOL me and my friends and had such a laugh there - did you go to the other builidings where they give talks about a particular field, i.e. dentistry, medicine, sports science?
yep went into the lovely new ashcroft building (business school) for my geog talk.however was wishing 5mins in that hadnt bothered & had gone to find one of my dads colleagues to talk to (works there). did you think that you hadnt heard anything new, or was that just the geog one? but again, prob useful for some, i'm obv too eager!
damn that tent was busy! kept seeing ppl i thought i recognised from primary school & stuff, which was interesting, cos some of them im thought wouldnt be let in to do a levels, never mind go to uni. (ooh thats mean i know!)
Chocolate_Lover
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yes i found it very interesting i was a great day out. u should have all gone
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (114)
26.21%
No (321)
73.79%

Watched Threads