The Student Room Group

AJ's Awe-inspiring Autumn Anime Preview 2013

AJ's Awe-inspiring Autumn Anime Preview 2013

The new season is almost upon us, and it's a big one! Took me the best part of 10 hours to put together this thread using info, links and images from various sources, but it was worth it as I've learned a lot more about the upcoming series in the process. :smile:

If you're looking for something to watch in the meantime, maybe check out last season's preview thread! But here's what we've got to look forward to in early October:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tokyo Ravens

Walkure Romanze

Meganebu!

Neppu Kairiku Bushi Road

Diabolik Lovers

Coppelion

Kyoukai no Kanata

Pokemon XY

Nagi no Asukara

Outbreak Company

Kyousougiga TV

2 IS: Infinite Stratos

Kill La

Golden Time

Strike the Blood

Freezing Vibration

Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashìta

Little Busters! Refrain

Hajime no Ippo: Rising

Log Horizon

2 White Album

2 Kuroko no Basket

Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle 3rd Season

Dia no Ace

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!

Unbreakable Machine-Doll

Gundam Build Fighters

Gingitsune

Non Biyori

(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova

Yowamushi Pedal

BlazBlue: Alter Memory

Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Lovecome o Zenryoku de Jama shìteiru

Samurai Flamenco

Galilei Donna

Pupa

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic

2 Kakumeiki Valvrave

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

All the info has been sourced from Anichart, AniDB, Wikipedia, ANN and MAL. All first impressions and opinions are my own, and aren't as funny as Cara's used to be.
(edited 10 years ago)
Picked up:

Coppelion

Kill La Kill

Kyousougiga TV

Nagi no Asukara

Golden Time

Little Busters! Refrain

Yowamushi Pedal

Non Non Biyori

Galilei Donna

Kakumeiki Valvrave 2

Outbreak Company

Samurai Flamenco

Meganebu!

Dropped:

Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashìta

Strike the Blood

Log Horizon

Walkure Romanze

Dia no Ace

Gingitsune

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta

Kyoukai no Kanata

Unbreakable Machine-Doll

Tokyo Ravens

Gundam Build Fighters

White Album 2

BlazBlue: Alter Memory
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
My (very tentative) want to watch list:

Kakumeiki Valvrave 2

Little Busters! Refrain

Coppelion

Pupa

Kyoukai no Kanata

Kill La Kill

Log Horizon

Galilei Donna

Nagi no Asukara

Tokyo Ravens

Samurai Flamenco

I don't know any of those. But you've inspired me to expand my horizons :smile:
Original post by keromedic
I don't know any of those. But you've inspired me to expand my horizons :smile:

Well, none of them have actually aired yet. :p: A few of them are sequels to series that have been out for a while, though. I've linked to PVs and synopses of (most of) the shows starting in October in the first two posts of this thread, if you're interested. :smile:
Well, none of them have actually aired yet. :p: A few of them are sequels to series that have been out for a while, though. I've linked to PVs and synopses of (most of) the shows starting in October in the first two posts of this thread, if you're interested. :smile:

Thanks. A bit like UQ holder being the sequel to Mahou Negima Sensei. Ever read it?
Thanks. A bit like UQ holder being the sequel to Mahou Negima Sensei. Ever read it?

I've read Negima, yes. :smile: Haven't checked out UQ Holder yet though, as I buy most of my manga, and it hasn't been licensed in English yet.
I've read Negima, yes. :smile: Haven't checked out UQ Holder yet though, as I buy most of my manga, and it hasn't been licensed in English yet.

Oh right!
Can I PM you about something manga related? I don't want to further derail ur thread :smile:
Oh right!
Can I PM you about something manga related? I don't want to further derail ur thread :smile:

No problem. :smile: Or you could post about it in the regular Anime Society thread, unless it's something you'd rather talk about in private? Either way is fine with me.
Hmm not as bad as I predicted, although I did say it was going to be action heavy.

My potential list:
*Walkure Romanze- I've found trying new things works out well, so hopefully this won't ruin it for me :lol:
*Coppelion- I like the concept and shall be eagerly watching this.
*Nagi no Asukara- Slightly confusing but the PV won me over slightly.
*Golden Time- Ditto but having looked into this already, its a contender for a drop from the start.
*Little Busters! Refrain- Watched first season and was slightly disappointed but expecting big things.
*Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova- As somebody commented on the PV "Girls und Battleships"; Military and girls have grown on me due to GuP and C3 from the past few seasons so shall give it a shot.
*Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Lovecome o Zenryoku de Jama shìteiru- I'll give it a shot and it'll keep me busy :smile:
Have now edited in genres for each series, as they were requested. :smile:
Reply 11
I can safely say I will not be watching anything from this season apart from Kuroko no Basket -- and even then I will wait until most, if not all the episodes are out till I watch it.

I guess it's not too bad, it just means I will have more time to get around watching some shows on my ever-growing-but-never-shrinking PTW list :h:

EDIT: Didn't see Samurai Flamenco. Been waiting for this since it was announced knowing that the director of Baccano/Durarara was doing this and char designer of UtaPri :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Magi is one of those series I keep meaning to watch and never quite making it round to!

I might give Gingitsune a try... if it has a "Nastsume Yuujinchou" kind of vibe that would be nice :smile: I quite like the slice of life, slow going ones (although, obviously not ALL the time)

I don't know why, but Galilei Donna kind of reminded me of Read or Die TV from the synopsis. Might give it a go :smile:

Coppelion sounds pretty interesting too.

Definitely going to have to add it to MyAnimeList though, otherwise I will almost certainly forget.
Reply 13
Nice work AJ - impressed you managed to put it all together in just 10 hours - generally took me two fecking weeks to get mine together!
Original post by caraniel
Nice work AJ - impressed you managed to put it all together in just 10 hours - generally took me two fecking weeks to get mine together!

Haha, I'm more or less just copy-pasting a load of info from several different sites into the template you came up with. :p:

Anything catch your interest this season? :smile:
Reply 15
Haha, I'm more or less just copy-pasting a load of info from several different sites into the template you came up with. :p:

Anything catch your interest this season? :smile:

Still impressive! Always takes me ages - have been invited on a podcast to talk about the upcoming season too, so still researching stuff for that!

I'm all over Kill La Kill (because Trigger), Samurai Flamenco (because Omori), Coppelion (because GoHands), Kyokai no Kanata (because KyoAni) & Kyousogiga (because COLOURS!).

Will be picking up the sequels of course - Magi (upcoming arc is pretty interesting), Valvrave (LOLSunrise), Phi Brain (awesome puzzles!), Infinite Stratos (watchable romcom) & Kuroko's Basketball (fujoshi bait).

Also intend to take a look at Pupa (sucker for horror), Arpeggio of Blue Steel (moe battle ships!), Megane-bu! (love the artstyle & director is pretty interesting....also fujoshi bait) and Yowamushi Pedal (always room for more sports anime).

Season looks rather heavy, but it's pretty loaded with generic light novel adaptations which I'm entirely sick of at this stage. Still should be a few very solid shows worth picking up though, so shall be sampling everything as per usual (intend to be fully back into my usual habits & blogging once again this season).
Original post by caraniel
Still impressive! Always takes me ages - have been invited on a podcast to talk about the upcoming season too, so still researching stuff for that!

I'm all over Kill La Kill (because Trigger), Samurai Flamenco (because Omori), Coppelion (because GoHands), Kyokai no Kanata (because KyoAni) & Kyousogiga (because COLOURS!).

Will be picking up the sequels of course - Magi (upcoming arc is pretty interesting), Valvrave (LOLSunrise), Phi Brain (awesome puzzles!), Infinite Stratos (watchable romcom) & Kuroko's Basketball (fujoshi bait).

Also intend to take a look at Pupa (sucker for horror), Arpeggio of Blue Steel (moe battle ships!), Megane-bu! (love the artstyle & director is pretty interesting....also fujoshi bait) and Yowamushi Pedal (always room for more sports anime).

Season looks rather heavy, but it's pretty loaded with generic light novel adaptations which I'm entirely sick of at this stage. Still should be a few very solid shows worth picking up though, so shall be sampling everything as per usual (intend to be fully back into my usual habits & blogging once again this season).

Not all that different from my list then, though I still have some tolerance left for light novels with essays for names, and I made the mistake of not watching Kuroko's first series last year... kept meaning to marathon it before this season, but there's so many other series out there that I'm easily sidetracked (Legend of the Galactic Heroes has taken a lot of my time up recently).

My blog is nothing but weekly rankings and manga posts every 3-4 months, these days. I keep it alive for the sake of the two people who regularly like and comment it, but watching anime will always take priority over writing about it. :yes: Still, I look forward to reading your posts regularly once again! :biggrin:
Reply 17
Not all that different from my list then, though I still have some tolerance left for light novels with essays for names, and I made the mistake of not watching Kuroko's first series last year... kept meaning to marathon it before this season, but there's so many other series out there that I'm easily sidetracked (Legend of the Galactic Heroes has taken a lot of my time up recently).

My blog is nothing but weekly rankings and manga posts every 3-4 months, these days. I keep it alive for the sake of the two people who regularly like and comment it, but watching anime will always take priority over writing about it. :yes: Still, I look forward to reading your posts regularly once again! :biggrin:

I'll end up watching some of the light novel adaptations - I always do. Hopefully there will be one that is pure terribad that will just have to be watched for amusement value.

KuroBasu is pretty damn good - characters are great and the sports aspect is actually well done, I enjoy it.

I took LotGH around the world with me and never got round to watching it - I swear to all that is holy I will watch it soon!!

Blogging is time consuming, but I really did miss it - hopefully something this season will scream "blog me!" if not I'll think of something else to do.
The first episode of Diabolik Lovers just aired, for anyone interested (or simply impatient to start the new season). :p: I'll leave it for now though, I'm far enough behind on the current season after spending all of Saturday making this thread!
Reply 19
Late to the party because I've been incredibly busy with work and whatnot.

As always, I'm intending to watch the first episode of practically everything. More specifically, I'm really looking forward to watching the following:

Coppelion

Was planning to watch this earlier, until they understandably pushed it back due to the Fukushima crisis.

Kyoukai no Kanata

It's by KyoAni and for once they're offering something of the action/fantasy genre, which makes a refreshing and welcome change.

Nagi no Asukara

The staff onboard are amazing, so that's reason enough to watch this, and it's P.A. Works.

Infinite Stratos 2

Decent harem romance with some impressive action sequences and I've seen the first season.

Kill la Kill

Many of the staff are ex Gainax and were responsible for TTGL, so that alone justifies watching this.

Golden Time

Really liked Toradora and given that this is by the same author and studio, I'm keen to see how this one pans out.

Freezing Vibration

The first season was my guilty pleasure and I'm sure it'll serve the same purpose this time around. The plot and character development was still surprisingly good, though.

Log Horizon

I'm expecting more .hack than SAO with this one, but you never know. It's also by the same author as Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, which turned out to be considerably better than I was expecting, so I'm willing to give this a chance.

Little Busters Refrain

Having seen and enjoyed the last two cours of this, it makes sense to continue.

Hajime no Ippo Rising

Do I even need a reason? This is probably my most anticipated of the season. Easily one of the best sport shounen series of all time.

Ace of Diamond

Well, as a way to compliment Hajime no Ippo, a series resembling Major can only be a good thing.

Magi The Kingdom of Magic

The first season started to slip and deviate from the manga somewhat during the end, both in scripting and animation quality, but I loved the setting and characters, so I'm happy to continue with this one.

Gundam Build Fighters

You know, I was disappointed that this wasn't another "proper" Gundam series, but the PV actually looked pretty cool, so I'm giving this a chance.

Unbreakable Machine-doll

The PV really piqued my intrigue, so I'm giving this one a go.

Tokyo Ravens

Again, the staff behind this look amazing, so it's definitely worth a watch at least.

Galilei Donna

It's almost a necessity to give the noitaminA time slot the benefit of the doubt as it's delivered far more better series than it has not, and whilst the staff don't look overly promising, and A-1 can be temperamental in their offerings, I'm liking the premise.

Valvrave 2

I still haven't finished the first season for this, but there's a high chance I will before this airs, so I guess I'll be watching this. Nothing overly amazing, but equally, far from bad.

Neppu Kairiku Bushi Road

I'm less optimistic about this one, but I remember reading about this way back, and it is by Gainax, a studio I've come to have faith in. We'll see...

So, yeah... There's a fair few this time around. I'm guaranteed to stick with at least 10, time permitting, by the end of the season, coupled with those I'm already following. I'm really looking forward to this season, though. Should be a good one. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending