The Student Room Group

Foundation Course - Still the same Uni life?

I'm most likely going to apply for a foundation course next year. I'll be 19 turning 20, so not a mature student, but a year older than most who go to Uni after A Levels.

Is freshers year etc still the same for foundation students or is it different at all? Would be good to know how it differs, it at all. Cheers.
the difference is that you will spend one more yer at uni Like all the HND foundation degree students and that means one more year of behaving irresponsibly you still move in like a normal fresher (in the eyes of the uni that is what you are and because you leave at the end of the yer on to a new course you get two freshers weeks and if your uni reserve all there halls for freshers if you want you can have two years in halls this years hall mates don't have that option) and everything at the end of the day you are still a student of the university so you will still live in halls still get a the discounts so no difference really
My mate did a foundation degree and his university experience was no different from anyone elses except a lot of his mates from the first year left after their third year and he had another year to go the foundation year is to prepare you for the degree so if your as levels don't relate to your degree it's a good option you can still graduate with honors but you'll just spend 4 years not 3 at uni which to befair once youve done your 3rd year you will probably be quite glad about good luck you'll have a great time
Reply 3
With doing a foundation degree do we still apply the same?:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends on the uni but at Manchester it's identical - you live in halls and do everything that all the other first years do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same as everyone else you do it through UCAS and like Origami Bullets said it depends but at many places it's the same both of the places I went you were classed as a fresher it was just called year 0
Reply 6
Friend of mine did the foundation course at loughborough

He is doing all the same stuff though like living with first year students in halls etc
In the foundation year I'm doing, we will be enrolled at both the college and uni :smile: so we have access to both and can join in freshers week. The only bad thing is I can't stay in halls till next year :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending