Part-time job at Ryman stationary shop

Watch this thread
PeaceLovePink
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi all,

I applied for a weekend job at Ryman's a few days ago and was wondering how long it takes for them to get back to you regarding rejections/interviews etc.
Also, I was wondering what the pay is like for a 17 year old as on the application it just said competitive with great benefits.
PeaceLovePink
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
anyone?
SixteenHundred
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Bumping this as I have the same question! OP have you heard?
George12X
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I work for Rymans been there for about a month, basically I applied on the website and just over 2 weeks, I got a phone call asking to come in for an interview, the questions asked where just stuff like 'name a time when you worked in a team' 'how do you meet deadlines' I then got a call two days later and I got the job.

The pay is 4.46 an hour I'm 17

Posted from TSR Mobile
PeaceLovePink
Rep:
(Original post by George12X)
I work for Rymans been there for about a month, basically I applied on the website and just over 2 weeks, I got a phone call asking to come in for an interview, the questions asked where just stuff like 'name a time when you worked in a team' 'how do you meet deadlines' I then got a call two days later and I got the job.

The pay is 4.46 an hour I'm 17

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for replying! I applied on the 12th but I've still not heard back from them. I'll probably get rejected anyway! Feel like no matter how hard I try I'm unemployable! do you know if they send an email telling you if you've been rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile
SixteenHundred
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by PeaceLovePink)
Thank you for replying! I applied on the 12th but I've still not heard back from them. I'll probably get rejected anyway! Feel like no matter how hard I try I'm unemployable! do you know if they send an email telling you if you've been rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anything today? I only applied on the 18th and it's quite a big position so I'm not that hopeful but I'd be keen to know whether they reply!
PeaceLovePink
Rep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope still haven't heard from them, although I rang up yesterday and they said the applications are still being sent off to the store from the head office so if i'm successful I'll get a call off them in a couple of weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
wifiprincess
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Took them a few weeks to get back to me and say i had an interview the next week, then they called me about a week after the interview to say i got the job

my pay is £5.38 p/hr, i'm 17.
SixteenHundred
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Got a rejection in today by email, just to add. Any luck OP?
EastLondonerUK
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I'm also waiting for a reply from them I applied 17 days ago and my application is still being processed I hope that is a good sign fingers crossed for an interview
PeaceLovePink
Rep:
(Original post by SixteenHundred)
Got a rejection in today by email, just to add. Any luck OP?
Still nothing I rang again on Monday and the manager said they've had so many applicants so their still going through everything and I should hear from them within a week

(Original post by EastLondonerUK)
I'm also waiting for a reply from them I applied 17 days ago and my application is still being processed I hope that is a good sign fingers crossed for an interview
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
EastLondonerUK
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Still nothing I rang again on Monday and the manager said they've had so many applicants so their still going through everything and I should hear from them within a week

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks I hope I get the job but I'm up against my cousin so the competition is kind of tough
mistri21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hi i applied for Rymans 3 months ago...... Received a call today for an interview. .... hope i get this one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.23%
The paper was reasonable (134)
36.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (108)
29.67%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.29%

Watched Threads