Post Count Watch

This discussion is closed.
Powerline
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
There was a thread about keeping or removing post counts.

I made a poll because 'thefish uk' posted:

"I'd have made this into a poll but I clicked "Submit New Thread" too early instead of adding a poll. Damn!"

and also to see who was for and who was against the removal of post counts
Apollo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
keep it. I see no reason not too.
Powerline
Rep:
?
(Original post by PadFoot90)
keep it. I see no reason not too.
didnt you read the other thread? It causes spammers, who attempt to post and post useless messages in order to obtain a higher status.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Powerline)
didnt you read the other thread? It causes spammers, who attempt to post and post useless messages in order to obtain a higher status.
yes i read it, and i think the majority of people with high post counts did not spam to get them.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It does not cause spammers. It just helps us spot them. The argument for removing them is that all members would be on a similar playing field.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
It does not cause spammers. It just helps us spot them. The argument for removing them is that all members would be on a similar playing field.
yes i agree. I really dont think it causes that many spammers, and if it does, then it obvious. If you joined this month and have like 800 posts, odds are either spammed or have become totally addicted.
Powerline
Rep:
?
(Original post by XTinaA)
Doesnt it? Some people who woudnt want to waste their time spamming might try to in order to get a higher status...
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Doesnt it? Some people who woudnt want to waste their time spamming might try to in order to get a higher status...
still, it would be obvious.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My point is, how does one's post count cause them to be a spammer? it's just a measure of quantity of posts, not quality.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
may i point out that perhaps powerline should have read their poll title a little more carefully
SHANDY
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think you should keep it, 2776 (the highest one with the post count) spent all his time helping UKL I dont know, and it shouldnt go to waste.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.83%
Excited (144)
8.84%
Worried (295)
18.11%
Terrified (367)
22.53%
Meh (149)
9.15%
Confused (35)
2.15%