The Student Room Group

Gap Year, Going to Aberystwyth 2014?

Hi,

On a Gap Year at the moment, got a confirmed place at Aberystwyth University for 2014,

When do I need to start looking and thinking about Student Finance, and with the bracket for a Loans as opposed to Grants, if I apply my current income, that I WILL NOT HAVE when I go to University from my full time job, it pushes me up several bands, take it away and rely on my household income that I will have whilst at University, and I am in the bottom band and eligible for the full grant? Will I be able to apply as this, else I should probably quit my job in time to ensure the annual amount doesn't go over, as the loan will end up costing me a hell of lot more than I will earn in the next year?

Finally, do I apply through Student Finance Wales or England?
Full English UK Citizen, but Aberystwyth is in Wales?

Thanks,
Daniel
Original post by Daniel1000
Hi,

On a Gap Year at the moment, got a confirmed place at Aberystwyth University for 2014,

When do I need to start looking and thinking about Student Finance, and with the bracket for a Loans as opposed to Grants, if I apply my current income, that I WILL NOT HAVE when I go to University from my full time job, it pushes me up several bands, take it away and rely on my household income that I will have whilst at University, and I am in the bottom band and eligible for the full grant? Will I be able to apply as this, else I should probably quit my job in time to ensure the annual amount doesn't go over, as the loan will end up costing me a hell of lot more than I will earn in the next year?

Finally, do I apply through Student Finance Wales or England?
Full English UK Citizen, but Aberystwyth is in Wales?

Thanks,
Daniel

If you live in England, then you apply through Student Finance England. If you live in Scotland it's SAAS and so on.

You apply in February 2014.

If you're under 25 it will go on your parents income from April 6th 2012 to April 5th 2013. If you're 25 or over, it will go on your partners income (if you have one) but it won't go on your income.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending