ArronMark
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi there guys,

I am currently looking, as an external candidate, to study a Dutch A-Level within any institute in England or Scotland. I have had no looking in finding a secondary school whereby a Dutch A-Level is taught. In fact, I cannot find a Dutch teacher anywhere;
If anyone know of a secondary school or centre whereby there is such a Dutch teacher and/or the possibility of an A-Level please reply to this post!

Thank you for any help or advice you can give me!

Arron
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
thatitootoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Dutch Language School in Oxford seems to offer quite a few options
https://www.dutchlanguageschool.co.uk/exams/a-level
Mieka
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My sister did Dutch A-level, but she could not find an official teacher, the only reason she could do it was because we are Dutch and so had an advantage :/

Try the Oxford school as thaititootoo suggested but from personal experience finding a teacher for this language is virtually impossible - maybe you're better off finding a native speaker online and try to converse with them, my sister and I could not find a single official teacher :/
ArronMark
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Mieka)
My sister did Dutch A-level, but she could not find an official teacher, the only reason she could do it was because we are Dutch and so had an advantage :/

Try the Oxford school as thaititootoo suggested but from personal experience finding a teacher for this language is virtually impossible - maybe you're better off finding a native speaker online and try to converse with them, my sister and I could not find a single official teacher :/
She did an A-Level, with which school?
The problem with Oxford School is the price and considering I could learn Dutch on my own and then in fact take the exams for £70 compared to their price is shocking.
I have contacted OCR who provide the Dutch exams and they have told me that in the year of 2012 and the year of 2013 there were and will be schools offering the A-Level, thus it is doable; I just need to find where.

Thanks anyway for your help!
Self-explanatory
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As far as I can remember Brass House located in the West Midlands offers Dutch language, it would perhaps be worthwhile looking over their website http://brasshouse.birmingham.gov.uk/
schipper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello Arron,

I've read your thread, and may be I can help you. My name is Safa, I am Dutch, but live in the UK. I have been working as a translator English - Dutch for many years and have also taught the Dutch language in the Netherlands, both adults and children. I can offer private tuition. If you are interested, we can discuss how etc.

kind regards,

Safa
pomme de terre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ArronMark)
Hi there guys,

I am currently looking, as an external candidate, to study a Dutch A-Level within any institute in England or Scotland. I have had no looking in finding a secondary school whereby a Dutch A-Level is taught. In fact, I cannot find a Dutch teacher anywhere;
If anyone know of a secondary school or centre whereby there is such a Dutch teacher and/or the possibility of an A-Level please reply to this post!

Arron
Are you currently at a school? Cos I took Dutch A level (many years ago, mind), of course my school didn't offer it but I just asked them if it would be okay to sit it and they said yeah, I didn't have to pay anything for that. Although, I suppose your school must also offer other OCR exams in order to do that.

I took the Dutch Language School course for the AS bit. I think it's alright but you're mostly self teaching - they just send you materials, and then you do some assignments which they mark and give feedback on. Maybe just get the textbook - it was Nederlands voor Gevorderden!
Pop_tart
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am by no means a qualified teacher though I'm more than willing to help

feel free to pm me or join the other Dutch thread
EmilyBegum
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ArronMark)
Hi there guys,

Arron
In my school (Bordesley Green Girls' school) they DO teach it, however the waiting lis extremely long.
Hellen_A
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I study A levels right now I was born in Belgium and I moved here a year ago I wanted to do it as well but I haven’t been successful in finding an exam board that does the exam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors are most important to you when considering a university in Clearing?

How well the uni/course ranks (2)
20%
Location (2)
20%
How effective their covid-19 policies are (0)
0%
What courses they offer (3)
30%
Course content (1)
10%
Social life options (1)
10%
Accommodation options (1)
10%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (0)
0%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise