Cardiff Accommodation? Watch

This discussion is closed.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I went to the Cardiff open day and looked around Talybont - it looked really nice!
dream3r
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
undefined undefinedundefined

I have applied to Cardiff University and got a conditional offer for Optometry. However, when I went to visit them on their Open day, none of their accomodation halls were open. So I'v had to make random choices for my accomodation and my first three choices are : Aberconway Hall, Colum Hall and Senghennydd Court....in that order. Can anyone tell me what the rooms are like, in terms of space mainly? oh and whether or not iv applied to decent halls. :confused:
Carl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I haven't visited either, but those halls are my second, third and fourth choices. Something tells me they're very popular. I'm also gonna have to learn to cook. Can't be too hard, I'm a master with oven food.
dream3r
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by carldaman)
I haven't visited either, but those halls are my second, third and fourth choices. Something tells me they're very popular. I'm also gonna have to learn to cook. Can't be too hard, I'm a master with oven food.
which is your first choice of halls then? and what u hoping to study?
alocin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Afraid the only halls I've been in are here at Talybont, so I'm not much help! But the general view seems to be that Talybont is the best, all the others are perfectly fine, and Uni Hall sucks. Nearly everyone I've met from Uni Hall had it waaaay down their list, I don't think anyone puts it near the top! The only thing I'd say about Senghennydd is that it's right next to the centre and shops, which is good, but it's a fair way from the other halls.
Carl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by alocin)
...and Uni Hall sucks. Nearly everyone I've met from Uni Hall had it waaaay down their list, I don't think anyone puts it near the top!...
Erm...cheers! Uni Hall is my first choice because ensuite is cheap and it has its own bar and other facilities. I was planning on cycling to the city centre each day for lectures and using the free bus at night. Is it really that bad? Are there any real horror stories about life there? It seems like a huge, lively student community, and certainly the best place to make friends.

Carl
ben3085
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Auerm)
at what other stage of ur life can u eat marmalade and cheese sandwitches and not be frowned apone?
lol!
alocin
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Erm...cheers! Uni Hall is my first choice because ensuite is cheap and it has its own bar and other facilities. I was planning on cycling to the city centre each day for lectures and using the free bus at night. Is it really that bad? Are there any real horror stories about life there? It seems like a huge, lively student community, and certainly the best place to make friends.

Carl
Okay maybe I just have a slightly biased Talybont opinion! But one of my friends from college had Talybont as his first choice, then just missed his offer. He accepted an offer to do a different course here instead, but then got stuck way down the accommodation list and ended up at Uni Hall. I must say that after a few weeks he settled in fine and likes it there, but he still would have much rather been here or at one of the closer halls. Distance is one of the major problems, but if you have a bike it shouldn't be too bad. Being catered is another, as very few other halls are. So all the people who end up at Uni Hall hoping to have been self-catered aren't too pleased. If it is your first choice though then you know what to expect, so you should get on fine. Just don't listen to all the people who wanted to be at Talybont's complaints about the place!
dream3r
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Does anyone have friends who are currently in Aberconway Halls? if yeh, what are the room sizes like and what do they include. thanks!
Leaby
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Carl
Yeah I thought University Hall looked great until I heard that it was a dump.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (95)
18.66%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (324)
63.65%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.72%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.97%

Watched Threads