The Student Room Group

Got told off for not being b*tchy? Are there any non-b*tchy people?

So today this girl had a go at me saying that the reason I'm a loner is because I'm really boring, I don't b*tch about other people and I'm weird.

She is right. I don't really have any friends. I practically live in the library. In my previous school, girls used to b*tch about other girls all the time, especially those at the back of my bus. In my current school there are these two girls who literally b*tch about other people the entire bus journey every day.

I'm not saying I've never b*tched about anyone else in my life because I have. But pretty much about people who were mean to me, and not really about their looks or anything else just about their personality.

And I've noticed that this is what a lot of people's conversations consist of and I have nothing to say. When I sit with a group of girls and they're gossiping about other people I usually stay quiet, and if they ask for my opinion on the person I usually respond 'I don't really mind them'.

Is there anyone else like this? What that girl said to me hurt, and was quite humiliating as other girls were laughing. I mean if I hate gossiping about other people, what else can I talk about? Academics gets boring, if you only talk about yourself you come across as narcisstic, celebrity discussion gets boring...

And if I come across as arrogant I'm really sorry. I'm just wondering if there is anyone else in the same situation or who has experienced this, and also as a way of venting :redface:
Reply 1
Bump
"Kill em with kindness"
Original post by Anonymous

She is right. I don't really have any friends. I practically live in the library.

This is only a problem if it is a problem for you.

I live a very quiet life, I enjoy learning a new skill or fact each day silly things like that my places of chill are usually the library or my room meditating or drawing/writing , which is a problem for a lot of people because they want you to be all Lad like at 21, and if you are not out drinking yourself silly every weekend you are ostracized like some cave dweller.

The problem is though, if you change to suit society, you will find yourself stuck in five years time surrounded by fake friends and nothing of any real value.

Why be a bitch to hang around with other bitches?
Reply 4
don't give a **** about other people cause other people are ****

try talking to some people who are more mature
She's not worth your time - just stop thinking about her. You're probably killing your brain cells whilst you do...
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
So today this girl had a go at me saying that the reason I'm a loner is because I'm really boring, I don't b*tch about other people and I'm weird.

She is right. I don't really have any friends. I practically live in the library. In my previous school, girls used to b*tch about other girls all the time, especially those at the back of my bus. In my current school there are these two girls who literally b*tch about other people the entire bus journey every day.

I'm not saying I've never b*tched about anyone else in my life because I have. But pretty much about people who were mean to me, and not really about their looks or anything else just about their personality.

And I've noticed that this is what a lot of people's conversations consist of and I have nothing to say. When I sit with a group of girls and they're gossiping about other people I usually stay quiet, and if they ask for my opinion on the person I usually respond 'I don't really mind them'.

Is there anyone else like this? What that girl said to me hurt, and was quite humiliating as other girls were laughing. I mean if I hate gossiping about other people, what else can I talk about? Academics gets boring, if you only talk about yourself you come across as narcisstic, celebrity discussion gets boring...

And if I come across as arrogant I'm really sorry. I'm just wondering if there is anyone else in the same situation or who has experienced this, and also as a way of venting :redface:

I don't have a lot of female friends and the reason for that is because girls do gossip a lot. I cannot stand it. The only female friends I have are the ones who I can go out for a drink with and know that they wont be gossiping relentlessly. Don't worry about them, chin up!

Being nice is good :P
Reply 7
I had a friend at uni who was never ever bitchy and found it annoying on occasions when i used to ask for her opinion on certain things like teachers but never heard her say anything bitchy, but she's a lovely person and never would mind being friends with people who werent bitchy.
I hate people talking about other people tbh. It makes it awkward for me, especially if one of my friends are b*tching and expect me to join in. I also find it a sign of how sad it is that you have nothing else to talk about but other people...
She just has nothing to talk about then. If all she can do is to focus on her dislike for other people, then she needs to find something else to do with herself.
Reply 10
Try and have an opinion on everything. Try to do more stuff, like do you do any sports? Any music? Hobbies? Instead of wondering what other people think of you try to develop yourself first, have an interest in the world and friendship will come naturally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
I avoid bond bitchers like the plague. She thinks she's such a fascinating person and all she does is look down her nose at other people? What a ****ing pathetic existence.
This is a big reason I have very few female friends. It isn't so much the bitching, but how two faced they usually are. It's insanely dull if it's constant as well.
How sad.
Nobody should care what some bitchy person says about them. I'm hoping these people grow out of it but I doubt they all will.
Original post by Alexandra's Box
How sad.
Nobody should care what some bitchy person says about them. I'm hoping these people grow out of it but I doubt they all will.

Overhearing old women, like on the bus, confirms many of them never do...
Original post by Mankytoes
Overhearing old women, like on the bus, confirms many of them never do...

I know! One was moaning on about the foreign students that come to the town, saying that they should speak in English in public, not their native language. Why? So she could "tell what they're saying." Seriously.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending