Art Exam- Starting again on day two Watch

This discussion is closed.
Saf!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
i had my first day of my art exam yesterday and i totally messed up!
and now i wanna start my final piece again......but i've only got 5 more hours left!(we have 10 hours in total) and i'm worried that if i start again i won't finish in time
what should i do!
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No no no no no no no.

Just throw some washes on top of it, attack it with some thick layers of paint, and hope it goes to plan.
Saf!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
No no no no no no no.

Just throw some washes on top of it, attack it with some thick layers of paint, and hope it goes to plan.
you see the thing is that my stupid...stupid(x100) art teacher tells me four hours after the exam has begun, that what i'm drawing doesn't really go with my theme, i think it does but at the end of the day she's gonna mark it!
Saf!
Rep:
?
i take it that no one cares then......well except for Dr. Blazed!
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
i take it that no one cares then......well except for Dr. Blazed!
It depends how efficiently you think you can work.

Perhaps, if you want to start again you should make a mental plan, or even write down explicitly what your intentions for day two are so as not to waste time thinking during the exam tomorrow.
LS.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hmmm... You're really unfortunate to be in that position... our teach checked over all our projects to make sure they were suitable [Though it's not hard to believe a teacher wouldn't!]

If you think you could manage doing something fairly decent in the time you've got left, go for it! I don't believe I used my full amount of time(still got an A), and I know some other people who spent a lot of time doing planning.

Then again, it depends on what you're actually doing for your final piece (media wise) and whether you could link it into doing a second piece (?)
Sami_ThePeelite
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hehehe I'm starting mine om monday - i chose the form and structure question and doing it on the sets of German Expressionist films of the 30s e.g The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
How come your exam is so early? I say go for it if you have a good idea and think you can get it done in five hours. I finished my final piece on the first day and spent the second day just perfecting it and doing work in my book. And I got an A Isn't your prep work all geared towards the piece you've already started though?
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (212)
12.76%
Excited (148)
8.91%
Worried (302)
18.18%
Terrified (374)
22.52%
Meh (151)
9.09%
Confused (36)
2.17%