The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Entry requirements for CSM - help mee :<

I would like to apply for Graphic Design in 2014 at Central St.Martins. But before I do it I have some questions and it would be so awesome if some of you would help me! ^^;; And since CSM didn't respond to my mail I'm so confused... :<
I've just started my final year of high school in Poland and the first thing I want to ask is about IELTS requirements - do I need to pass it before applying through UCAS? I'll be taking IELTS at the end of the school year in our school so I was wondering if it's ok. Also, which one should I take - Academic or General Training? I know this question might be a bit stupid since it's said that if you want to study in UK you have to pass Academic one but seriously... CSM is an art school and I couldn't find any info about IELTS type on their website.
The next thing: do I need to have archieved Foundation Diploma in Graphic Design or BA in Poland before applying for BA here? Because I've read so many different uni requirements and I'm so confused right now! D:
I'm really sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I just want to be sure!
Gosh, my post is so long XD'' Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Hey there,

Your post caught my attention, i wish i had had someone who give me advice here before making decisions, but overall im pretty satisfied. Briefly answering to your questions its weird they didnt answer to your mail, the reception at csm is usually pretty effective. I passed my IElts a few months before enrolling to Csm but since i have the european nationality i didnt really need it, but its better to have it in case they ask. The general training would suit you since tthe academic one is mostly for people who want to work in an english speaking country. If what you want is apply to ba GD , if u had previous training about the subject good for you, but beginners are also accepted, however a foundation or short course would benefit you before, like the one im doing.

Hope i cleared some of your doubts ,

If you have any further questions about the subject´ dont hesitate to contact me.

Cheers !

Original post by zuzzaism
I would like to apply for Graphic Design in 2014 at Central St.Martins. But before I do it I have some questions and it would be so awesome if some of you would help me! ^^;; And since CSM didn't respond to my mail I'm so confused... :<
I've just started my final year of high school in Poland and the first thing I want to ask is about IELTS requirements - do I need to pass it before applying through UCAS? I'll be taking IELTS at the end of the school year in our school so I was wondering if it's ok. Also, which one should I take - Academic or General Training? I know this question might be a bit stupid since it's said that if you want to study in UK you have to pass Academic one but seriously... CSM is an art school and I couldn't find any info about IELTS type on their website.
The next thing: do I need to have archieved Foundation Diploma in Graphic Design or BA in Poland before applying for BA here? Because I've read so many different uni requirements and I'm so confused right now! D:
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey there,

Your post caught my attention, i wish i had had someone who give me advice here before making decisions, but overall im pretty satisfied. Briefly answering o your questions its weird they didnt answer toy our mail, the reception at csm is usually pretty effective. I passed my IElts a few months before enrolling to Csm but since i have the european nationality i didnt really need it, but its better to have it in case they ask. The general training would suit you since tthe academic one is mostly for people who want to work in an english speaking country. If what youw ant is apply to ba GD , if u had previous training about tye subject good for you, but beginners are also accepted, however a foundation or short course would benefit you before, like the one im doing.

If you have any further questions about the subject´ dont hesitate to contact me.

Cheers !

Original post by zuzzaism
Reply 3
Universities always require the academic version of IELTS, you don't need to take it before applying. You don't need a foundation, but you'll have to be on the level of those who have taken it.
Reply 4
Original post by Mashm3llo
Hey there,

Your post caught my attention, i wish i had had someone who give me advice here before making decisions, but overall im pretty satisfied. Briefly answering to your questions its weird they didnt answer to your mail, the reception at csm is usually pretty effective. I passed my IElts a few months before enrolling to Csm but since i have the european nationality i didnt really need it, but its better to have it in case they ask. The general training would suit you since tthe academic one is mostly for people who want to work in an english speaking country. If what you want is apply to ba GD , if u had previous training about the subject good for you, but beginners are also accepted, however a foundation or short course would benefit you before, like the one im doing.

Cheers !

Thank you for your reply!
Well, I'm in art class in my high school so I guess I'll have some kind of this "previous training" you are talking about. When I'll graduate I'll have 3 years of art class completed. But I'm not sure if it's making any difference while applying in UK. This whole Foundation Diploma thing is confusing me cuz' there isn't such thing in Poland. After high school you go straight to the BA course.
I'm pretty sure I'll have more things to ask in the future so thank you in advance - I'll contact you!

Original post by Valdo
Universities always require the academic version of IELTS, you don't need to take it before applying. You don't need a foundation, but you'll have to be on the level of those who have taken it.

I guess I'll try to apply for both foundation and BA then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending