The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Tongue sandwiches? I know this sounds dumb but what is that!?!?!?! It sounds beyond vile!

Im just not big on the taste of meat, due to my family being extreeme carnivores. Also my dad doesnt actually cook steak, its all bloody and gross! Ive always wanted to become a veggie, but as im still living at home i cant be too picky as my mom has to cook/buy food for a bunch of meat lovers!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 41
PunkiePixie
Tongue sandwiches? I know this sounds dumb but what is that!?!?!?! It sounds beyond vile!
A sandwich with a tongue, funnily enough - it's like Ronseal: it does exactly what it says on the tin :rolleyes: It's possible to eat pretty much any part of a cow, and tongue sandwich is just one way of eating the tongue...not that I'm likely to ever try it, though - offal just doesn't appeal to me.

ebonyphoenix
As for cooking, you'd be amazed how easy it is if you follow the recipe.
Bah, following the recipe is overrated :biggrin: If you make a few minor alterations you'll usually find that it's a little bit nicer than the recipe itself...either that or I've just been lucky in my 'experimental' cooking (except with cocktails, which I'm useless at) :smile:
tongue, as in that big floppy germy thing in your mouth. My grannies favourite, *eooorghyeghk* makes my skin go all funny and goosebumpy when i think about it.
Reply 43
Being veg(insert whatever suffix you prefer) doesn't mean you're picky. Let me tell you, I have eaten some DISGUSTING things simply because they were labeled vegan and I was curious, or someone made a vain attempt to feed me. I have also eaten gross non-vegan stuff like cow tongue, back when I did eat meat. Actually I eat more diverse foods now than I did before... so there.
Reply 44
Jerry Landis
Being veg(insert whatever suffix you prefer) doesn't mean you're picky.
Of course not...:whip for Hannah suggesting that

It's similar to when people consider bisexuals to be "greedy". Their decision to be willing to have sex with men and women doesn't mean at all that they're greedy, it's just that they're more open-minded.

I'm picky and I could NEVER be a veggie/vegan. If you think about the sorts of things a little kid would eat (sausage and chips, burger and chips, pizza, things like that), that's the sort of thing I'd be willing to eat...but I am an extremely fussy eater :redface:
Reply 45
Dalimyr
If you think about the sorts of things a little kid would eat (sausage and chips, burger and chips, pizza, things like that), that's the sort of thing I'd be willing to eat...but I am an extremely fussy eater :redface:

You are just like me! I like to eat off the kid's menu :p:
ah, i did not say that vegies were fussy i said veggies and fussies, i didnt mean to group the two
Reply 47
mishy1121
You are just like me! I like to eat off the kid's menu :p:
:smile:

blondemoment
ah, i did not say that vegies were fussy i said veggies and fussies, i didnt mean to group the two
:whip (I dunno why...I'm just whipping you for no real reason)
Reply 48
:handkiss: :embarasse
Dalimyr

:whip (I dunno why...I'm just whipping you for no real reason)

mm sassy!:p:

Latest

Trending

Trending