The Student Room Group

Driving lessons at uni?

I'm starting uni this year and just got a provisional license. I don't know whether I should have driving lessons whilst at uni, but if I don't I can't think of a good time to. Anyone else in this position?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I'd say leave it 'till next Summer
Reply 2
Original post by thenerdlife
I'm starting uni this year and just got a provisional license. I don't know whether I should have driving lessons whilst at uni, but if I don't I can't think of a good time to. Anyone else in this position?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in a similar position :smile:
I've decided to have driving lessons while at uni, in fact I just booked my first lesson for Sunday :P
I decided that it would be a good way to fill my weekends with something productive :smile:
Reply 3
You get spare time at university just like you do anywhere else. Affording lessons will probably be an issue though.
Reply 4
Give it a few weeks and see where you have time. Some days will be busier than others, or you might have a schedule to go out on certain days and do things.

There shouldn't be a problem with learning to drive there. I would think it be more convenient to learn at home if you know the general layout of the town and roads though. Over summer you could blast through the lessons, but it's up to you.
Reply 5
Thanks for the feedback! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Good idea :smile:
Original post by Almohada
I'm in a similar position :smile:
I've decided to have driving lessons while at uni, in fact I just booked my first lesson for Sunday :P
I decided that it would be a good way to fill my weekends with something productive :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's no reason why you can't, except if you're unable to afford them. The only problem might be interuptions due to going away in the holidays. Another issue might be passing, and then not driving for a few years due to not having a car at uni.

Fitting them in around lectures etc shouldn't be a problem though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending