username877577
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
We don't have one so I thought I'd make one.

We can post any questions/etc we have.

I'm currently doing AS on Edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kosovaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
We have some dodgy teachers in our school
username877577
Rep:
(Original post by Kosovaa)
We have some dodgy teachers in our school
My teacher is THE WORST.

I'm literally self teaching myself the entire subject

Posted from TSR Mobile
stevepork
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Speak to the faculty staff.... Solved my issue! Although they do host workshops after classes and through 1-2pm. Maybe a suggestion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
username877577
Rep:
Bump

Posted from TSR Mobile
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I am also too self-teaching myself A2, I got A at AS. My teacher's cant explain fml. I'm struggling with Labour/Wage graph though, I seem not to understand how to show a monopoly which can charge at lower wage, with lower output, because I dont understand the MRP / Labour Supply with MC and it just confuses me to the max
username877577
Rep:
(Original post by Abdul-Karim)
I am also too self-teaching myself A2, I got A at AS. My teacher's cant explain fml. I'm struggling with Labour/Wage graph though, I seem not to understand how to show a monopoly which can charge at lower wage, with lower output, because I dont understand the MRP / Labour Supply with MC and it just confuses me to the max
What board are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The.Joker
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Check out pajholden on youtube, he makes alevel econ videos- he explains concepts/diagrams really well.
mikele
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
http://www.dbseconomics.blogspot.ae/

My teacher runs this, doesn't normally help with theoretical parts of the course but it is great at giving examples that are relevant and helps with answering the non-multiple choice questions. Great for AO2, plus it goes back to 2009 so just type in 'Monopoly' for e.g. and it comes up with a bunch of stuff. Also check out the tutor2you(?) blog, which helped me massively last year for theory in unit 2
mk2212
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I'm doing AQA AS economics, but if you buy the revision guide on Amazon (for about £9 for all exam boards) it explains itself really well and great for self teaching!

Posted from TSR Mobile
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Olympiad)
What board are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
AQA
Incredimazing
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Opportunity cost m8

Posted from TSR Mobile
Boy_wonder_95
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
We don't have one so I thought I'd make one.

We can post any questions/etc we have.

I'm currently doing AS on Edexcel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, just noticed this thread, currently doing A2 Economics also under Edexcel , did alright at AS so I'd be happy to help out.
NikolaT
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
How are my fellow A level Economists faring so far into the year? How much (or how little!) revision has everyone done so far?

I'm currently studying for AS with AQA. Here's a post I posted in the main sub-forum, hope it's useful:

(Original post by NikolaT)
Whilst I haven't gotten my A in AS yet (:crossedf:) these resources have helped me so far:

Tutor2u is an invaluable source for anything - revision notes, presentations, real life examples, etc.

EconomicsHelp similarly has fantastic articles.

Reading BBC News -> Business -> Economy regularly (for me, everyday) is probably a must at both AS and A2 - it helps put macro as well as some micro into context, and can provide relevant real world data to use.

Anyone else have any tips?
username877577
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
Hey, just noticed this thread, currently doing A2 Economics also under Edexcel , did alright at AS so I'd be happy to help out.
Sorry just read your reply!
Thank you
Do you have any typed resources by any chance? I'm literally self teaching and it's not going well

Posted from TSR Mobile
username877577
Rep:
How are my fellow A level Economists faring so far into the year? How much (or how little!) revision has everyone done so far?

I'm currently studying for AS with AQA. Here's a post I posted in the main sub-forum, hope it's useful:
Brilliant! Thankd

Posted from TSR Mobile
NikolaT
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Brilliant! Thankd

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heh, and I thought being a classicist-economist made me unique. Still taking Greek, right? Or am I mis-remembering?

Are you actually self-teaching or virtually, due to bad teacher(s)?
username877577
Rep:
Heh, and I thought being a classicist-economist made me unique. Still taking Greek, right? Or am I mis-remembering?

Are you actually self-teaching or virtually, due to bad teacher(s)?
hehe! Yup, still taking Greek!
Not taking Classics though I decided I really regretted not taking History at GCSE and wanted to for AS.
Taking: Politics, ICT, Economics & History

Virtually, due to bad teachers. - but bad as in REALLY REALLY bad. She doesn't teach / just talks about Kidneys :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
NikolaT
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
hehe! Yup, still taking Greek!
Not taking Classics though I decided I really regretted not taking History at GCSE and wanted to for AS.
Taking: Politics, ICT, Economics & History

Virtually, due to bad teachers. - but bad as in REALLY REALLY bad. She doesn't teach / just talks about Kidneys :|

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh, some heavy subjects there, info-wise. I'm kinda confused as to how you're taking Greek, I thought you were taking it for AS?

I'm taking Politics too. I guess this means we can be study buddies.

And ouch, I feel sorry for you. My macro teacher sometimes rambles on about his wealth and richness, and how he charges insane prices for tutoring because he's 'just that good' but he's alright really. Micro teacher is great. I still sometimes find it difficult to wrap my head around some things though. Can't imagine how you're surviving so far.

So, kidneys. That's... not random. XD
social outcast
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
It mad how many people have awful teacher for economics. My Macro teacher awful but my micro teacher is amazing so i suppose it can of evens out. If done pretty much do revision yet though but did do so of the multiple choice questions the other day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.46%
Okay (114)
29.16%
A bit lacking (148)
37.85%
Not good at all (92)
23.53%

Watched Threads