The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

University of Leicester 2014 applicants

I thought I'd make a thread for all those applying for 2014 entry to the University of Leicester.

What are you guys applying for? :smile:
---
Connect to University of Leicester here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Going to apply for History and American Studies, the open day today really helped me make up my mind, the quality of the course was just so much better than other universities I've visited
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
I'm going to apply to study Law at Leicester. I would prefer to live in catered halls. Does anyone know what the accommodation and food is like? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by frazzledazzle
I'm going to apply to study Law at Leicester. I would prefer to live in catered halls. Does anyone know what the accommodation and food is like? :smile:

Accommodation is fairly average, from what I saw of the open days, but what you'd expect from university halls. Excluding John Foster which is modern but the most expensive. I don't know about food :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by frazzledazzle

I went to an open day there not that long ago and I thought the accommodation was nice! John Foster halls are lovely on the outside but when I spoke to some of the students on their last year there, they said that the social life in John Foster wasn't good compared to the other halls. Whether this is entirely true or not, I don't know! I want to go for Gilbert Murray and Stamford halls because the rooms were nice enough and everyone said they were the ones to go to! Plus, cheaper than John Foster. I asked about the food and was told it was average, some days better than others! I'm going self-catered because I've been cooking for myself for years :tongue: Although those were the opinions of some of the students and me, your opinions might be different :smile:
Original post by 182Charlotte
I went to an open day there not that long ago and I thought the accommodation was nice! John Foster halls are lovely on the outside but when I spoke to some of the students on their last year there, they said that the social life in John Foster wasn't good compared to the other halls. Whether this is entirely true or not, I don't know! I want to go for Gilbert Murray and Stamford halls because the rooms were nice enough and everyone said they were the ones to go to! Plus, cheaper than John Foster. I asked about the food and was told it was average, some days better than others! I'm going self-catered because I've been cooking for myself for years :tongue: Although those were the opinions of some of the students and me, your opinions might be different :smile:

Hiya, thank you so much for your helpful reply. It's nice to know more about the accommodation, as the prospectus doesn't really say much. From what you've said, I think that I would prefer Gilbert Murray/Stamford too! Thanks again :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Will-2609
Hey guys, sat my UKCAT this morning and as a result of it I'm now reconsidering my choices (originally Newcastle, Nottingham, UEA, Sheffield). I got 9A* and 3A at GCSE, ABBB at AS, and have predicted A2 grades of A*AAA. I got 832.5 and SJT band 2 on my UKCAT. What are my chances like for Leicester?

This is the general Leicester thread. :smile: The specific medicine leicester thread is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2434173
Reply 7
Original post by k1rby
This is the general Leicester thread. :smile: The specific medicine leicester thread is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2434173

Ooops :colondollar: Thank you.
Reply 8
Hi all! Just wondering if anyone else here is planning to apply for the Uni of Leicester for next year :smile: If so, what do you plan to study and so? :smile:
Reply 9
I most likely will, looking to study geography! what about you?
Reply 10
Original post by ljb.95
I most likely will, looking to study geography! what about you?

Looking at Management! :smile:
I think I am but more so as an insurance offer for physics.
Reply 12
Original post by heykiwi
Hi all! Just wondering if anyone else here is planning to apply for the Uni of Leicester for next year :smile: If so, what do you plan to study and so? :smile:

Hi! I'm hoping to do Sociology at Leicester (need to get an offer first!). What about you? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Kateeeee
Hi! I'm hoping to do Sociology at Leicester (need to get an offer first!). What about you? :smile:

Management :smile:
Reply 14
I've applied to study History at Leicester :smile:
Reply 15
I've applied to study history!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied for medicine at Leicester. Good luck everyone :smile:
sent my application off today and have applied for Medical Biochemistry.
keeping my fingers crossed for that offer!
Reply 18
Applied for Medical Physiology, just hoping for an offer now!
Reply 19
Applied for History and Politics.

Quick Reply