Naruto is great Watch

This discussion is closed.
wiwarin_mir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I have just finished watching the first series of naruto and am in the process of procuring the second. It is one of the best anime series I have seen. I think that it is a very friendly anime, and quite suitable for children, unlike some of anime I have seen.
If you are wanting to get into anime, you should really start with this one, it has all the great aspects of a great anime, without the complete annoyingness of the translated pokemon.

Incidently, does anyone know where I can get any series of untranslated pokemon, I think it would be a lot better without the terrible dubbed voices.
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes, a great series. Most enjoyable. Hopefully there is sufficient violence to prevent it being licensed however.

Have you seen the fandub? Amusing, but a horrific reminder of what could happen.

---

BTW- please don't anyone (Neji!) post any pre-anime spoilers (eg- from the manga), I don't want to know what is going to occur in the anime beforehand.

---

Heh, and funny you should post it now, I've just been getting some screencaps.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
(Original post by Egan1)
Yes, a great series. Most enjoyable. Hopefully there is sufficient violence to prevent it being licensed however.

Have you seen the fandub? Amusing, but a horrific reminder of what could happen.

---

BTW- please don't anyone (Neji!) post any pre-anime spoilers (eg- from the manga), I don't want to know what is going to occur in the anime beforehand.

---

Heh, and funny you should post it now, I've just been getting some screencaps.
Well, I would reckon the violence is not sufficient to prevent it being lisenced, although I do not wish it to be translated, it would ruin it, just like I am sure pokemon was ruined.

I take it that you haven't read the naruto mangas then.
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think they'd have to do quite a bit of tweaking to show it as an American children's programme.
If they were to license it however, they would doubtless dub it awfully, as they seem to do with most animes *shudders (FMP)*

I have read a bit of the manga, but as I say, I'm not keen to go ahead of the anime.

I'm actually buying the volumes as they're released on amazon, but it's pretty slow and very far behind. Still, nice to have a copy, even if the translations are sometimes cringelating.
Red_Taboo
Report 14 years ago
you've finished watching the first series? i thought it was still being broadcast in japan right now?
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Red_Taboo)
you've finished watching the first series? i thought it was still being broadcast in japan right now?
It is. I think he's thinking of it being split, I suppose so far there has been two major plot arcs, so you could divide it up. -They may have had a gap in showing in between but I'm not sure. They're not really separate as such though, the story flows on rather than it being 'series 2' and so on *mumble mumble*
Red_Taboo
Report 14 years ago
i see, i see, what fansubs do u watch? the one with the yellow subs is rubbish!!! although they get it out faster
moo100times
Report 14 years ago
u probably mean the saiyanman or the baka-san releases. think saiyanman was the yellow subbed one. the best is by far anbuu. they have the most accurate subs, and usually the best encoded eps as well. the downside is that they can release slower than the other groups.
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i see, i see, what fansubs do u watch? the one with the yellow subs is rubbish!!! although they get it out faster
As the person before me said, normally Bakasan releases first, so I'll watch that (or anyone who gets it out quickest), but then my brother gets Anbu & Aone to keep.

It seems to go through phases. At one point Sayaman was releasing fastest, then Darkanime, but now Bakasan seems to be getting it out first. It doesn't really bother me who I get, though sometimes the quality can be off, I suppose it depends where they get their raws. Often the difference between groups is minimal *shrugs*, I'm pretty impatient really, first come first get.
moo100times
Report 14 years ago
have baka-san gone back to releasing in .avi format, or are they still with that rvsb or something like that. u know that odd realplayer format.
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by moo100times)
have baka-san gone back to releasing in .avi format, or are they still with that rvsb or something like that. u know that odd realplayer format.
Hmmm, not sure. I use WMP so...*checks*. -It's .avi format.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
One of my mates is into anime and likes naruto alot..
byakugan_neji
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Baby_Angelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You guys watching the anime dl from bit-torrent or the manga?
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Baby_Angelz)
You guys watching the anime dl from bit-torrent or the manga?
The anime, though I think some have read the manga also.

Heh, there seems to be quite a few who watch it on here. Interesting.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Well, by the first series I mean the first 26 episodes, but it is really just one long story.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Well, by the first series I mean the first 26 episodes, but it is really just one long story.
rutera
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
i tend to separate the series by the songs. the first one being 'ROCKS' and the second going on to 'haruka kanata'. i think that's more or less the same separation you've used, and yes, naruto is amazing and the music's great too.
byakugan_neji
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rutera)
i tend to separate the series by the songs. the first one being 'ROCKS' and the second going on to 'haruka kanata'. i think that's more or less the same separation you've used, and yes, naruto is amazing and the music's great too.
That's because Naruto is split into seasons. It's currently on the 3rd season, which should finish soon, once:

*********SPOILERS*********

Naruto beats Gaara
Baby_Angelz
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The manga is so much faster than the anime itself.

After I read the manga, I don't really feel like dl the anime anymore..
1 - 2 hr dl for just 16 mins of the anime.... seems quite long... ehhe..
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (116)
26.48%
No (322)
73.52%

Watched Threads