This discussion is closed.
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Baby_Angelz)
The manga is so much faster than the anime itself.
But that's true of many animes, because they are derived from manga which has/is already been/being published. There was a thread about it actually on one of the anime forums I visit and practically everyone seemed to say that if you read the manga beforehand the anime became less satisfying.

Heh, I'm in my sister's study at the moment (because my brother's fiddled with my computer and it wont work *sigh*) and on top of her monitor are 6 Naruto model/stamp things that my dad bought back for us from Hong Kong. Lee, Sasuke, Sakura, Gaara, Kakashi and Naruto.
Red_Taboo
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
But that's true of many animes, because they are derived from manga which has/is already been/being published. There was a thread about it actually on one of the anime forums I visit and practically everyone seemed to say that if you read the manga beforehand the anime became less satisfying.

Heh, I'm in my sister's study at the moment (because my brother's fiddled with my computer and it wont work *sigh*) and on top of her monitor are 6 Naruto model/stamp things that my dad bought back for us from Hong Kong. Lee, Sasuke, Sakura, Gaara, Kakashi and Naruto.
yeh i got them too! my friend has got the throwing stars- hahaha

yeh, i think that reading the manga does make the anime less special although i think i get the same satisfaction from reading the manga as when i watched the anime when i didnt read the manga (make sense?) although when it comes to reading the fight scenes it can be really hard at sometimes and is better in motion i think but that might just be because i read the manga so damn fast cos its so exciting!
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
The anime, though I think some have read the manga also.

Heh, there seems to be quite a few who watch it on here. Interesting.
The manga is what the anime is based on, with the same story line, but I prefer the anime as I still can't get my head round reading from the right to the left panels.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
(Original post by Baby_Angelz)
The manga is so much faster than the anime itself.

After I read the manga, I don't really feel like dl the anime anymore..
1 - 2 hr dl for just 16 mins of the anime.... seems quite long... ehhe..
Well, the manga is good, but I like to see it moving after reading it.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
talking of lee

****spoiler*****

What is it with his eye brows and hair style, I think that guy - sensei is his farther, they look too much alike.

I have almost got the second series now, then I can start on getting up to date with the third, as I can't get it in one chunk.
byakugan_neji
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
First of all, 'sensei' means master. The guy who you are describing is Gai, who is a Jounin and trains Rock Lee, Hyuuga Neji and Tenten. In the past, Gai saw how Rock Lee was similar to him due to his hard-work. Because Rock Lee has grown to idolise Gai, he decided to dress and do his hair exactly like him. Yea, I also laughed when I first saw him but he's now one of my favourite characters.

Also, Rock Lee doesn't seem to be able to learn any Ninjutsu or Genjutsu for some reason and therefore, focuses on Taijutsu. Therefore, Gai makes Rock Lee focus on Taijutsu.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
(Original post by byakugan_neji)
First of all, 'sensei' means master. The guy who you are describing is Gai, who is a Jounin and trains Rock Lee, Hyuuga Neji and Tenten. In the past, Gai saw how Rock Lee was similar to him due to his hard-work. Because Rock Lee has grown to idolise Gai, he decided to dress and do his hair exactly like him. Yea, I also laughed when I first saw him but he's now one of my favourite characters.

Also, Rock Lee doesn't seem to be able to learn any Ninjutsu or Genjutsu for some reason and therefore, focuses on Taijutsu. Therefore, Gai makes Rock Lee focus on Taijutsu.
It is because Rock lee focuses on Taijutsu that he cannot learn any Ninjutsu or Genjutsu, although due to his speed and reflexes he is a formidable opponent.
Also, because most of his moves don't use chakra, he can fight for longer.

btw, there is one Ninjutsu (i think) he can use, the shadow dance he almost pulled on sasuke.
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
It is because Rock lee focuses on Taijutsu that he cannot learn any Ninjutsu or Genjutsu,
Eh? Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the reason he had to be so could and focus so hard on his physical abilities was because he couldn't perform Genjutsu? Isn't that what Gai said during his fight against Gaara?
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
(Original post by Egan1)
Eh? Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the reason he had to be so could and focus so hard on his physical abilities was because he couldn't perform Genjutsu? Isn't that what Gai said during his fight against Gaara?
Well, before the start of the first exam, one of the guys from leaf village showed the information on Rock Lee and said that rock lee was terrible with Genjutsu, but, if you remember, the turtle who stopped rock lee from using shadow dance said he had used a forbidden move, which suggests that it was his secret Genjutsu
byakugan_neji
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It is because Rock lee focuses on Taijutsu that he cannot learn any Ninjutsu or Genjutsu, although due to his speed and reflexes he is a formidable opponent.
No no no, even if you focus on Taijutsu, you can still learn Ninjutsu and Genjutsu, like Sasuke does later on when he learns the Chidori

He can't learn Ninjutsu and Genjutsu in the first place so to make sure that he becomes a great Ninja, he decided to focus on Taijutsu instead, hence why some ninja refer to him as a Taijutsu master. If you see any moves he does which look like Ninjutsu, it's basically just him combining his light-speed movement with his Iron Fist-strong fighting style.

Well, before the start of the first exam, one of the guys from leaf village showed the information on Rock Lee and said that rock lee was terrible with Genjutsu, but, if you remember, the turtle who stopped rock lee from using shadow dance said he had used a forbidden move, which suggests that it was his secret Genjutsu
The forbidden move he was about to do on Sasuke WASN'T a Genjutsu. It's the Omote Renge, which is neither a Ninjutsu or Taijutsu as well. When you get to the preliminary third exam, Gai will explain more about it. I'm just going to say one thing which is that the reason why the Omote Renge is a forbidden move is because it is a double-edged jutsu and will bust most of your muscles if you do it. However, watch more and you'll see that Rock Lee has another excellent move up his sleeve......
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (293)
34.15%
No (565)
65.85%

Watched Threads