The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by daindian
Hindu Gujarati Indian.

Is that a race? Like... Pashtuns are a race of people, is Gujarati a race in that sense too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Ggmu!
Is that a race? Like... Pashtuns are a race of people, is Gujarati a race in that sense too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In that sense gujrati is the race
Reply 22
In that sense gujrati is the race

Oh ok, interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
The tickets for next year's India tour of England are gradually going on sale !!
Reply 24
The tickets for next year's India tour of England are gradually going on sale !!

Thank you very much for letting me know. I'm definitely going to at least one game!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Ggmu!
Thank you very much for letting me know. I'm definitely going to at least one game!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edgbaston gone on sale for twelfth man members. I'm gonna get tickets for the t20. Odi tickets are £75 :/
Reply 26
Edgbaston gone on sale for twelfth man members. I'm gonna get tickets for the t20. Odi tickets are £75 :/

£75?! Wow. I suppose I'll have to pay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Ggmu!
£75?! Wow. I suppose I'll have to pay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I bought tickets for the t20
Reply 28
I bought tickets for the t20

Bro can you post the link please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Go through the Warwickshire website, you gotta register tho
Reply 30
Hello people, what's happening?
Reply 31
Original post by JBridglal
Hello people, what's happening?

Just chillin Wbu
Reply 32
Go through the Warwickshire website, you gotta register tho

Cheers, i'll get my dad to look and maybe I'll make some purchases :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angury
My family's from Shimla, but I would consider myself to be from Chandigarh, so yeah.. Punjab. :tongue:

Hey, I did my masters in chandigarh...to be precise mohali...awesome place...and awesome 2 years spent there....sukhna lake and PU's Student centre burger is awesome..and not to forget the xtreme beautiful gals..ha ha..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Hello! Anyone going to Southampton next year? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by Ggmu!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gujuratis are a distinct race? I always thought that most people in northern India were of the same race?
Hey guys! I'm from Bangalore, but I'm a Maharashtrian :smile:

Original post by Angury
Is this at uni? Where are you studying? :smile:

:hello: I've never been to south India, since I'm a northerner. :tongue: I haven't been to a lot of places in India actually, my family keep telling me it's too dangerous for young females to travel alone. I've decided to ignore their advice however, and go as a tourist next summer. Might spend some time in south India as well.

Well they're right, huge parts of India are unsafe for women. Mostly north India though. South Indian cities are very safe. Bombay and Ahmedabad are safe too, so you're good with south India :smile:

Original post by Ggmu!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No no not at all! Apart from north east Indians, almost all Indians are a mixture of Dravidians and Aryans because our ancestors made babies with each long back. North Indians are more Aryan than Dravidian and south Indians are more Dravidian than Aryan. Gujaratis like you fall into the latter category :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by The Brisingr
Hey, I did my masters in chandigarh...to be precise mohali...awesome place...and awesome 2 years spent there....sukhna lake and PU's Student centre burger is awesome..and not to forget the xtreme beautiful gals..ha ha..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love going on the rickshaws and exploring Chandigarh. I love the way the streets are a bit more organised into different sectors. Good to hear you enjoyed it though. :smile:

Original post by amol_chalis447
Hey guys! I'm from Bangalore, but I'm a Maharashtrian :smile:

Well they're right, huge parts of India are unsafe for women. Mostly north India though. South Indian cities are very safe. Bombay and Ahmedabad are safe too, so you're good with south India :smile:

They don't speak Hindi in southern India, right? Otherwise I'd love to go and travel there, I just think language may be a bit of a barrier for me. Although if I go with a group of my British "white" friends, I guess it wouldn't matter anyway. :tongue:

Do you think it'd be safe enough if I booked all my hotels in advance with reputable companies, made little plans about where I'd go everyday and dress conservatively? I can speak Hindi as well, so that's gotta be a bonus as well.

I'm not used to big cities though. I feel so lost everytime I get off the plane into Delhi airport, never mind walking down the streets.
Reply 38
Original post by Angury
I love going on the rickshaws and exploring Chandigarh. I love the way the streets are a bit more organised into different sectors. Good to hear you enjoyed it though. :smile:

They don't speak Hindi in southern India, right? Otherwise I'd love to go and travel there, I just think language may be a bit of a barrier for me. Although if I go with a group of my British "white" friends, I guess it wouldn't matter anyway. :tongue:

Do you think it'd be safe enough if I booked all my hotels in advance with reputable companies, made little plans about where I'd go everyday and dress conservatively? I can speak Hindi as well, so that's gotta be a bonus as well.

I'm not used to big cities though. I feel so lost everytime I get off the plane into Delhi airport, never mind walking down the streets.

Tbh if you plan ahead u shld b fine. My sister and her mate spent 3 months in Mumbai. Just stay away from public transport n hire out a car.
What a great thread.

Latest