The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Marketing

Okay basically, I'm currently doing a BTEC Business Level 3 course and I got my results last month I finished with D*D* for the first year, which is good. I've spoken to my teacher and he's convinced that I could potentially finish with a D*D*D* or D*D*D next year. I'm currently looking at Marketing at the moment, and I did a bit of research I can see Liverpool is currently 10th in the league table in the terms of Marketing ( I assume that's good...). By the way, for my GCSEs 8Bs and 1C, I would like to ask people who've done marketing at uni, how was the course in general? and also will I be able to get a job with it? I'm speaking in terms of job prospects.
I did marketing as part of my business studies degree (graduated 3 months ago). Teaching was excellent, and from my experience and other students who did other marketing modules, the teaching was really good and work wasn't stressful or particularly hard. Id agree that the Management school at university of liverpool is a good option for the marketing degree as a single honours degree. The marketing modules are presented extremely well, by very engaging lecturers.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by ScouseEmma28
I did marketing as part of my business studies degree (graduated 3 months ago). Teaching was excellent, and from my experience and other students who did other marketing modules, the teaching was really good and work wasn't stressful or particularly hard. Id agree that the Management school at university of liverpool is a good option for the marketing degree as a single honours degree. The marketing modules are presented extremely well, by very engaging lecturers.

Thank you! Finally a reply, out of interest how has it been on the job looking side?
I've got an offer from Liverpool to study Marketing(BA), starting this september, any current Liverpool business school undergrads out there that can tell me a bit about the business department and the course?? :biggrin: x
Original post by Jasmine Moodie
I've got an offer from Liverpool to study Marketing(BA), starting this september, any current Liverpool business school undergrads out there that can tell me a bit about the business department and the course?? :biggrin: x

I got an offer as well :biggrin: is yours with a year in the industry as well? I'm so chuffed I can't wait Liverpool is one of the best uni's for Marketing. Which other uni's have you applied for? I applied to Hull, Chester, Leeds Metro and Nottingham Trent.
I didnt apply straight up to the year in industry course but I did message admissions to ask if I could swap courses if I changed my mind: im still not sure if I want the year in industry yet :s im going to the discovery day thing at the end of jan are you? Ive got offers now from Leeds, Newcastle, Manchester and Exeter tooooo eeeps im so excited!
I didnt apply straight up to the year in industry course but I did message admissions to ask if I could swap courses if I changed my mind: im still not sure if I want the year in industry yet :s im going to the discovery day thing at the end of jan are you? Ive got offers now from Leeds, Newcastle, Manchester and Exeter tooooo eeeps im so excited!

I forgot to book for January so I booked for February 15th looking forward to it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hey, im new to this whole thing, but i sent my applications off today for merketing and marketing/advertising, can anyone tell me how long it'll take for a reply? :smile: thankyou and good luck to eveyone waiting x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
And also, would you recommend the open days? As you can tell, im really new to this :P haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rebeccalh
Hey, im new to this whole thing, but i sent my applications off today for merketing and marketing/advertising, can anyone tell me how long it'll take for a reply? :smile: thankyou and good luck to eveyone waiting x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Rebeccalh
And also, would you recommend the open days? As you can tell, im really new to this :P haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which Universities did you apply for? It depends really within 1-2 weeks I was receiving offers. I've received 4/5 offers I'm just waiting on Chester for the last offer. Yeah I'd recommend going to the applicant days it gives you a feel for the uni. I applied to Liverpool and got accepted I'm going to the applicant day next month.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Kruz
Which Universities did you apply for? It depends really within 1-2 weeks I was receiving offers. I've received 4/5 offers I'm just waiting on Chester for the last offer. Yeah I'd recommend going to the applicant days it gives you a feel for the uni. I applied to Liverpool and got accepted I'm going to the applicant day next month.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for Leeds Met, Sheffield Hallam, Lancaster, Edge Hill and Southhampton Solent, hopefully i get a couple of offers :smile:
Reply 11

Congrats!
I was just wondering how long did it take for the university to send you an offer? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending