A2 chemistry Redox Titration.

Watch this thread
ImAz
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi,

Have a redox titration assessment tomorrow (think it's quantitative) however I'm really struggling to understand how the equations work, in AS it was easier because they cued you in.

Also could anyone talk me through the steps of carrying out a redox titration? Eg what you have to wash etc

Thanks for any/all help

Posted from TSR Mobile
ThisIsOurDecision
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ImAz)
Hi,

Have a redox titration assessment tomorrow (think it's quantitative) however I'm really struggling to understand how the equations work, in AS it was easier because they cued you in.

Also could anyone talk me through the steps of carrying out a redox titration? Eg what you have to wash etc

Thanks for any/all help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Basically you can only add H+, e- and H2O to the equation to make it balance. The overall charge of both sides also has to balance. Sometimes you can add hydroxide, but I don't think every exam board does this. Look on Chemguide and it has good explanations of it all.

With the titration, you want to wash everything with distilled water. A bit of distilled water left over in the conical flask doesn't matter, it actually makes you more likely to get accurate results.
ImAz
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by ThisIsOurDecision)
Basically you can only add H+, e- and H2O to the equation to make it balance. The overall charge of both sides also has to balance. Sometimes you can add hydroxide, but I don't think every exam board does this. Look on Chemguide and it has good explanations of it all.

With the titration, you want to wash everything with distilled water. A bit of distilled water left over in the conical flask doesn't matter, it actually makes you more likely to get accurate results.
Thanks!

I'll check chem guide after I finish getting my head around these calculations

Posted from TSR Mobile
sana1994
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
how was your result?
can you say about type of solution used and calcultion they want?
Maya Desai
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I have this practical next week apart from redox titrations do I need to revise anything else?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (22)
20.37%
The paper was reasonable (35)
32.41%
Not feeling great about that exam... (37)
34.26%
It was TERRIBLE (14)
12.96%

Watched Threads