My mate needs help and I can't offer it!!!!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
LS.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This happened to a friend of mine... She managed it by renting a place and paying for it herself (she worked all hours that wern't school hours). I do know that if you get your parents to sign a document saying that they have officially kicked you out, you get money from the government to help out. There were loads of people who helped my friend out - she talked with the head of 6th form, and they sorted out all the people she needed to talk to.

Best thing you can do is be supportive for your friend, I hope everything works out for him.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kissmequick)
My mate comes from an asian family and is "unfairly" treated, beaten etc etc same old story but recently his mum had decided that on his birthday in a month or so she's going to evict him as it is his 16th he is going into higher education and apparently she's entitled to dump him. Divorced parents dad wants no part of it, he has come to me asking what he should do and to be honest I have no bloody idea as he is not old enough to get his own place let alone have the money to. Anyone know in depth any possibile solutions?
let him live with you for a while
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
a friend of mine left home due to a similar (but not as bad) situation. he managed to get himself into his own council flat in which he pays roughly £200 a month for. he gets some funding from the council and free bus pass and meals from his college.

the best thing is for him to phone the local council. if he explains the situation then thye may be able to arrange alternative accomadation. the thing is apllications (if successful) can take time to process so he could be drifting for a period,
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (293)
34.27%
No (562)
65.73%

Watched Threads