Which Universities Have The Best Surroundings? Watch

This discussion is closed.
lilsunflower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've only seen Downing College, Cambridge.. but the moment I saw it I fell in love with it. *dreamy sigh*.. its a beautiful place.

Sadly, I wasn't good enough to get a place. But I'll be at Durham instead.
Hoofbeat
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by joyabbott)
Nottingham has a beutiful campus! Didn't you have a proper walk around?
I think you either love or hate Nottingham. I staryed their overnight for a course once and hated the place!!! sorry!
Nima
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Hoofbeat)
I think you either love or hate Nottingham. I staryed their overnight for a course once and hated the place!!! sorry!
My Economics teacher said that Notts was a cra*hole! :rolleyes:
Tigger1986
Report 15 years ago
Bangor has really beautiful views, and looks beautiful on a sunny day.
babyboo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
st andrews has to be said!!! on one side theres beaches, the other old historic buildings tis beautiful!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tigger1986)
Bangor has really beautiful views, and looks beautiful on a sunny day.
Bangor is one of them them lovely places the views of Snowdonia are fantastic and Manai bridge designed by Telford is sheer genius. However I would probably be bored to death if I had to live there. At this point I shall refrain from making the obvious statement regarding a certain type of faming in Wales begenning with S.
Carl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Apparently Stirling has the most beautiful campus in Europe, lots of rolling greenery, and its own golf course and castle, as well as views of Stirling Castle and the Wallace Monument. Unfortunatly I applied, but didn't go to the open day.
St Andrews is beautiful, but I think Cardiff is also overlooked. Park Place is all large Victorian houses, and opposite is all massive white builidings that look like Bucks Palace (sorry, wouldn't know how to describe them architecturally!).
ericsimo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
St. Andrews, but I might be (biased) going there
planecrazy
Report 15 years ago
Exeter uni campus is really nice but the city itself is a total dump plus its got the worst polution levels in britain!!!
Thom18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Durham has the best looking Uni and campus out of all I've seen.
medic
Report 15 years ago
UCL is really nice - the green squares of Bloomsbury are very pretty and its right next to Regent's park.

As for UCL its self, the main building is breath-taking, and is reminiscent of the National Gallery and the Cruciform building which you either love or hate is a prime example of Victorian architecture.

I heard a quote about Bloomsbury, can't remember where from which i liked - "they lived in squares and loved in triangles"
medic
Report 15 years ago
oh yeah, also if you go for the university in the countryside thing, lampeter university is supposed to be stunning
koalapiyo
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by carldaman)
Apparently Stirling has the most beautiful campus in Europe, lots of rolling greenery, and its own golf course and castle, as well as views of Stirling Castle and the Wallace Monument. Unfortunatly I applied, but didn't go to the open day.
St Andrews is beautiful, but I think Cardiff is also overlooked. Park Place is all large Victorian houses, and opposite is all massive white builidings that look like Bucks Palace (sorry, wouldn't know how to describe them architecturally!).
yes, i heard that about stirling too.

st andrews is nice - stunning location by the sea.

i love these 2. scotland rocks!
keke
jack1268
Report 15 years ago
which college/subject lilsunflower?
Sami_ThePeelite
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Birmingham looks nice from the prospectus lol, but i don't know - as i haven't been there yet
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jack1268)
which college/subject lilsunflower?
Johns.. Law
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by planecrazy)
Exeter uni campus is really nice but the city itself is a total dump plus its got the worst polution levels in britain!!!
Exeters got a gorgeous campus...and st lukes is very pritty...what do you mean about the polution levels??

love Katy ***
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sami_ThePeelite)
Birmingham looks nice from the prospectus lol, but i don't know - as i haven't been there yet
it is nice!!
that's where i'm going!!
yay!!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Just out of interest what is the polution levels of the River Irwell in Salford? I will be shocked if its not the most polluted river in the UK (apart from the Thames).
Auerm
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by planecrazy)
Exeter uni campus is really nice but the city itself is a total dump
Is that your professional opinion? watch which citys u call dumps
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.16%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.25%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (90)
19.61%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (185)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.58%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.1%