The Student Room Group

refused bursary, maintenance grand

I married to British woman who is a teacher, I started university last year when i was still waiting for my indefinite leave to remain. I was refused both
maintenance grand, bursary and student load through students finance England but got finance through EU team. This year still refused funding and maintenance loan. I cannot understand this constant refusal even though my wife is English and also EU citizen plus we both has been paying our taxes? I have got my indefinite now can anything change?
Hi there,

Can you confirm your status in the U.K.

Thanks
Original post by adomahh
I married to British woman who is a teacher, I started university last year when i was still waiting for my indefinite leave to remain. I was refused both
maintenance grand, bursary and student load through students finance England but got finance through EU team. This year still refused funding and maintenance loan. I cannot understand this constant refusal even though my wife is English and also EU citizen plus we both has been paying our taxes? I have got my indefinite now can anything change?

I think you may need to have been a resident in the UK for three years or something like that - I'm sure Mark above will be able to give you the precise requirements. Are you able to claim finance from the EU team again?
Reply 3
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi there,

Can you confirm your status in the U.K.

Thanks

I have indefinite leave to remain now, but when i started the course last year my application was still under consideration:smile:
Hi there,

Normally, if you are an EU citizen, you wouldn't need to apply for residency permissions from the Home Office, therefore in regards to full funding for your course, you only need to be ordinarily resident in England on the first day of the Academic Year of the course and for 3+ years preceding this.

If you have not got 3+ years residency within the UK, you would then normally be classed as an EU student and eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan only.

If you require further assistance, you can contact the EU team 0141 243 3570.

Thanks,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending