The Student Room Group

To late to transfer university??

I have just recently moved away from home to university and am big time regretting it, its not what i thought it would be and i can not imagine living like this for 3 years.

My firm offer was Northumbria university, with my insurance as Bradford university (i got accepted by both but obviously went to the firm choice)

I have now been here at Northumbria for a week, and i am not keen on living away from home / with other students at all. The course has not even started.

Is there anyway that i could transfer to Bradford university now as the year basically has not even started yet. And if not could i potentially transfer after the first year?

All help is appreciated, this has me really stressed out

Cheers
Original post by SunnyS94
I have just recently moved away from home to university and am big time regretting it, its not what i thought it would be and i can not imagine living like this for 3 years.

My firm offer was Northumbria university, with my insurance as Bradford university (i got accepted by both but obviously went to the firm choice)

I have now been here at Northumbria for a week, and i am not keen on living away from home / with other students at all. The course has not even started.

Is there anyway that i could transfer to Bradford university now as the year basically has not even started yet. And if not could i potentially transfer after the first year?

Cheers
Only Bradford University can really tell you this. It's very late. Call them and ask.
Reply 2

Cheers
Many many people feel like this at this stage. Fresher's week is over-hyped, and you'd be amazed how many people absolutely hate it.

There's nothing to stop you from contacting Bradford and seeing what if anything they can do - but I would strongly suggest that you stick with what you have and give yourself a chance to settle down. It's completely normal to feel homesick and convinced that you have picked the wrong course. You will not be the only one in your group feeling like that, I promise.
Should mention that I also agree with Minerva. Give it a chance.
Reply 4
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Only Bradford University can really tell you this. It's very late. Call them and ask.

Thank you, i will call them tommorow.

Original post by Minerva
Many many people feel like this at this stage. Fresher's week is over-hyped, and you'd be amazed how many people absolutely hate it.

There's nothing to stop you from contacting Bradford and seeing what if anything they can do - but I would strongly suggest that you stick with what you have and give yourself a chance to settle down. It's completely normal to feel homesick and convinced that you have picked the wrong course. You will not be the only one in your group feeling like that, I promise.

Im not the only one, i actually have met a few people here feeling EXACTLY the same way, thing is for me though my Grandma literally died a few days before i came to university, and since then ive just been wanting to spend time with my family, feeling a little empty inside. If i have to wait it out a year i will,
Thank you, i will call them tommorow.

Im not the only one, i actually have met a few people here feeling EXACTLY the same way, thing is for me though my Grandma literally died a few days before i came to university, and since then ive just been wanting to spend time with my family, feeling a little empty inside. If i have to wait it out a year i will,

Well, it's not surprising that you feel like this, and unless Bradford is your home town, chances are you would feel like this there too, since grief is a process which has its own timetable and needs to run its course. Try not to make any sudden decisions. You know that your current state of mind is not its usual one, and you may not be thinking things through quite as dispassionately as you need to. Sit it out for a bit until the sharpness of grief has passed a little, and you may find you feel differently.
Reply 6
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Well, it's not surprising that you feel like this, and unless Bradford is your home town, chances are you would feel like this there too, since grief is a process which has its own timetable and needs to run its course. Try not to make any sudden decisions. You know that your current state of mind is not its usual one, and you may not be thinking things through quite as dispassionately as you need to. Sit it out for a bit until the sharpness of grief has passed a little, and you may find you feel differently.

Bradford is very close to my home, so it would allow me to live at home while attending university, i will talk to the university's tomorrow (if they are open) or on Monday
Bradford is very close to my home, so it would allow me to live at home while attending university, i will talk to the university's tomorrow (if they are open) or on Monday

It'll be Monday now. Good luck.
Reply 8
That's entirely natural. I echo what carnationlilyrose said.

Cheers

Any chance you could text me on [phone number removed by moderator: you are advised to use PMs instead] to let me know how it goes for you because im looking into doing the same but to either Bradord, leeds or huddersfield x

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by kiimberleyjade
Any chance you could text me on [phone number removed by moderator: you are advised to use PMs instead] to let me know how it goes for you because im looking into doing the same but to either Bradord, leeds or huddersfield x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Going to ring them in the morning, will update the thread
Tjink if the other uni say yes the transfer is easy its just the fact we have to find other people to take our place in the accommodation
Reply 12
Update: I was able to transfer, and im now at a University closer to home

Thanks for the help everyone
Update: I was able to transfer, and im now at a University closer to home

Thanks for the help everyone

Glad to hear things worked out. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending