The Student Room Group

Speaking And Listening GCSE English Ideas

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ?Hannah?
hello,
i don't think that it would be very productive for you if i sent my speech over. there are a lot of great ideas on this chat for you to write your presentation on. i would suggest that you choose one of the topics and then just write how you would about it.
i am happy for you to send me your work once you have had an attempt at writing it.
good luck! :smile:

Thanks but I just wanted your speech as a sample to inspure from coz honestly a list of techniques just doesn't help me and I am still struggling. I just wanted to see how you laid your ideas and fitted them properly.
Original post by positivee
Thanks but I just wanted your speech as a sample to inspure from coz honestly a list of techniques just doesn't help me and I am still struggling. I just wanted to see how you laid your ideas and fitted them properly.

i am sorry, but that goes against the rules on this site.
honestly, just write your ideas down as bullet points and i will see what i can do for you. :smile: we will get you that A*, don't worry.
i am sorry, but that goes against the rules on this site.
honestly, just write your ideas down as bullet points and i will see what i can do for you. :smile: we will get you that A*, don't worry.

its okay thank you i will send you my ideas once i have come up with them
its okay thank you i will send you my ideas once i have come up with them

i have changed my account, as i was being stalked on this one. however, please send any of the work which you have completed to my new TSR account. @NiamhM1801 will tell you what it is.
(edited 7 years ago)
i have changed my account, as i was being stalked on this one. however, please send any of the work which you have completed to my new TSR account. @NiamhM1801 will tell you what it is.

Thanks 😊
Thanks 😊

What are you going to write your speech on?
What are you going to write your speech on?

I chose to disagree with the statement "democracy is a positive thing"and some of my points are
1. Bad influence of politicians
2. Lowers moral standard
3. Opression of minority
Tho I havent even started constructing the speech, I have to deliver it in Friday.
I chose to disagree with the statement "democracy is a positive thing"and some of my points are
1. Bad influence of politicians
2. Lowers moral standard
3. Opression of minority
Tho I havent even started constructing the speech, I have to deliver it in Friday.

that is quite a complex speech topic, i would suggest that if you need to deliver it on friday then you should choose an easier topic.
Hi

Have you got any good ideas for this assessment?
Reply 29
Original post by PocketSized
Choose something that you are genuinely interested in and are passionate about.

hey I'm sorry to bother you but your topic was actually a very very interesting one and I would like to ask if you could send me your speech if that's not too big of a problem and if you still have it, if not I wanted to ask if you might wanna help me with making one as I'm quite bad at maths this would be very helpful
thanks alot mate
harambe is dead get over it
Reply 31
Hi Hannah, I'm in the process of preparing my speaking and listening, I've got something I want to talk about but I need help on how to further develop my argument..could you help with this?
yo hit me up bae01747 885569@davidjallen001
Id love to help but i'm a little stuck on mine to. were doing 4-5 minutes speaking and then 5 minutes answering your peers questions. but i'm stuck on the topic part. cause i don't know what to do. i wanted to do about ducks cause i'm dopey like that but it doesn't really seem very uhh professional lets say.
Original post by guglemugle
What is the task? Is it a presentation? Our presentation was about being lost in a deserted island, we had to explain what we would do what we would take with us and why etc.

I did this and I failed cuz of you :frown:
what did you do yours on I'm doing mine in 2 weeks and haven't decided kinda stuck. need all the help I can get.
Hey I am currently preparing for it. Could you give me a smaple paragraph or example which will help me get an A*too. Thanks
And could you also help me decide which topic to choose from the following-
. Nationalism is a positive thing
. It is much more difficult to do business in the East than in western European countries.
Multinationals and globalization bring good and bad things.
Democracy has bad aspects too.
Stricter traffic laws could prevent serious accidents
. . Capital punishment is the only way to deter criminals.
People should not spend billions on exploring the space.
Animals should not be kept in captivity. .
Vegetarianism is a way to find the way of good life
. Emigration will solve our problems.

Has anyone got one that I could use, prefferably something to do with harry potter. i would love to do something about animals or house elves too.
hi my name is molly smith could you help me with my speaking and listening exam as it in three weeks. i would really like some help, as i want to achieve my goal of getting a A*
Reply 38
can you send it to me???
You could:
- Talk about your favourite band/singer.
- Talk about a hobby that interests you.
- Talk about the US presidential race.
- 'The death penalty should be reinstated.'
- You could discuss cruelty to animals in travelling circuses.
- You could discuss a particular culture or country that interests you.
- 'Homework should be banned.'
- 'Hilary Clinton is a corrupt presidential candidate.'
- 'Syrian refugees should/shouldn't be allowed into our country'
- Your stance on brexit.
- 'Students shouldn't have to wear school uniform.'
- Technology addiction and reliance would be interesting,
- The difference between LEDCs and HICs.
- Your favourite subject and why.
- Fav sporting team.
- You could talk about Harambe.
- You could discuss feminism/racism/sexism.
- The difference in wages which men and women receive.

Anyway, I hope that you have now got some ideas. Do message me if you need any more help with the assessment. I did mine last year and got an A*, so I would be happy to assist further.

Hi Hannah i am curently doing my speaking and listing as well and i dont where to start. Would it be ok if u send me urs
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending