The Student Room Group

Not so perfect.

The job which I was sooo over the moon to get turns out to not be so perfect as I thought.

I rung today to find out when a place would become available for me to start and well it turned out to be nearly 3x times as much as I was told at my interview plus there were other complications which I didn't understand totally but anyway I am now seeking other work.

I haven't told Wesser I won't be accepting a job with them yet but I am now on the job market.

Anyway, I just wanted to warn anyone who thinks they may have the perfect job lined up that it may not be as perfect.
Sounds curious, what went wrong, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 2
Yeah, I was intersted in what Wesser had to offer, until I had a real look at the job specs. so i know what you mean.
black_mamba
Sounds curious, what went wrong, if you don't mind me asking?

Well the fact that at the interview they said that there were positions and places for those who wanted to start asap - turns out these positions weren't ready for 6 weeks.

Secondly, the fact that we would be employed on a self-employed and that we would have to fill in a lot of tax forms and stuff. This was not mentioned at all at the interview.

I went for this job because I wanted the money and wanted to start asap because I need that money for Uni next year - I am living in a pretty expensive place (which has boardband hurrah!) which I couldn't really afford but fell in love with.

If I had waited then I would not have earnt enough money and so I have to find a position asap in order to make up for this. Whatever I earn now won't be enough to cover my living costs but I am cutting my losses here and trying to fix a bad mistake.
Do something else. They have completely mislead you and it sounds like they did it deliberately too.
Reply 5
Bad luck by the sounds of things. I had my interview today and they told us all about the self-employed aspect of the job.

Latest

Trending

Trending