The Student Room Group

Primary Education 2014?

Hi,
I was wondering whether anyone is planning on studying primary education? If so where are you looking at applying?

I am looking at applying to York St John, Northumbria, Edge Hill and Chester so far.

There isn't a thread about this yet so I thought it would be a good idea to make one so everyone has a place to chat about their applications etc.

Katie 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
I'm also planning on doing primary education next year! :biggrin:

So far I'm applying to Plymouth, Oxford brookes, Bishop Grosseteste and I'm looking at Kingston next Saturday hopefully.
Reply 2
Original post by Animal Mad!!!
Hi,
I'm also planning on doing primary education next year! :biggrin:

So far I'm applying to Plymouth, Oxford brookes, Bishop Grosseteste and I'm looking at Kingston next Saturday hopefully.

Happy I found someone else :smile: how far are you with your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katiew95
Happy I found someone else :smile: how far are you with your application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! :smile: I've got to finish my personal statement cause it's still not quite right :frown: I also, need to go to more open days so I can choose my 5 options apart from that I'm nearly done :smile: What about you?
Reply 4
Same! :smile: I've got to finish my personal statement cause it's still not quite right :frown: I also, need to go to more open days so I can choose my 5 options apart from that I'm nearly done :smile: What about you?

I've got to finish my personal statement too, I'm finding it hard trying to get it perfect. I want to have a look at a couple more places too before I make my decision. So we're pretty much the same :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got to finish my personal statement too, I'm finding it hard trying to get it perfect. I want to have a look at a couple more places too before I make my decision. So we're pretty much the same :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm finding writing my personal statement hard too, I don't like writing that kind of thing! Where else are you going to look at?
Reply 6
Hello,
I am going to apply for primary education with QTS ass well. :redface:
Leeds met
Bradford college
Edge hill
Leeds trinity

What A-levels did you do?
I appreciate if you answered the question?
:biggrin:
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shahidk1
Hello,
Leeds met
Bradford college
Edge hill
Leeds trinity

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,
I'm doing History, Biology and Psychology. What A-levels are you doing? :smile:
Reply 8
Hi,
I'm doing History, Biology and Psychology. What A-levels are you doing? :smile:

I am doing A-level Maths(expected B) and BTEC applied science L3(expected D*D*) Do you mind telling me what grades you are expecting by the end off this year?
With you're choices of universities, why did you not consider Leeds met? I have heard that Ieeds met is a competitive university to get in?
Thanks for the reply! :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hi,
I applying for Primary Ed too
I'm going for Winchester, Durham, Oxford Brookes, and Canterbury Christ Church
For A level I'm doing Art, Technology and History (and welsh Bac)
I got ABC last year,but predicted ABB
What GCSEs did people get? And do unis really look at them? :smile:
Reply 10
Yeah I'm finding writing my personal statement hard too, I don't like writing that kind of thing! Where else are you going to look at?

I'm hopefully going to go to the chester open day but it's quite a long drive. I want to have a look at Manchester and Sunderland too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Hello,
Leeds met
Bradford college
Edge hill
Leeds trinity

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm actually doing a level 3 extended diploma in health and social care. I did my AS levels but left due to personal reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I'm actually doing a level 3 extended diploma in health and social care. I did my AS levels but left due to personal reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can Universities overlook your GCSE grades if you demonstrate the skills in your A-levels
I have got a grade C for my GCSE English although the requirement for a few universities are a Grade B.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Can Universities overlook your GCSE grades if you demonstrate the skills in your A-levels
I have got a grade C for my GCSE English although the requirement for a few universities are a Grade B.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they have their GCSE requirements at a B they may overlook if you seem like an outstanding candidate. It would definitely be a risk but could be worthwhile :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
If they have their GCSE requirements at a B they may overlook if you seem like an outstanding candidate. It would definitely be a risk but could be worthwhile :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They probably want to see my speech skills and grammar.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
They probably want to see my speech skills and grammar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

All you can do is try. You could always email the university to ask if they would overlook your grades in certain circumstances.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
All you can do is try. You could always email the university to ask if they would overlook your grades in certain circumstances.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you tell me why are you not considering leeds met? I heard it is competitive to get in the course.
Reply 17
Could you tell me why are you not considering leeds met? I heard it is competitive to get in the course.

I have looked at Leeds Met and I am still unsure whether or not to put it down as one of my choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I have looked at Leeds Met and I am still unsure whether or not to put it down as one of my choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll see you there if you apply
Are you going to the open day in October?
Reply 19
I'll see you there if you apply
Are you going to the open day in October?

I'm not sure yet, I need to see if I can get time off work.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply