The Student Room Group

Gunmen open fire in shopping centre in Nairobi.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by muf_mur
the attack was carried out by Al-Shabab,as of now 20 people dead and 50 injured.
i must point out as a muslim that it is very wrong to point the finger at islam..Kenya invaded Somalia and flushed out the Al-shabab so they retaliated.about 30% of Kenya is Muslim and Muslims have also been victim to attacks by Al-shabab.

I believe the reason the Kenyans went their in the first place was because Al Shabab has crossed the border repeatedly. Thus the Kenyans were just defending their border by going into Somalia. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the West told them to keep and eye on Somalia or try and confront them because the West were worried about Al Shabab. Hence 20 para Batallion increased training with US Army Rangers, the reorganising of Kenyas Special Forces etc.
Original post by kinji
Excuse me? I live in Nairobi and I don't think it's the 'only really westernized place around'! Please do consider what you say before you say it! There are other places too-maybe you haven't been around!

That is very true, I haven't spent enough time in Nairobi to be able to make judgements like that. Living as an expat where I am, I guess I should have realised locals always know the places tourists don't go!
Reply 22
I'm now thinking of the future again. What if the next gunmen have the weapons of mass destruction? The entire city would completely be destroyed? How horrible!
Original post by skunkboy
I'm now thinking of the future again. What if the next gunmen have the weapons of mass destruction? The entire city would completely be destroyed? How horrible!

The chances that a gunmen would have WMDs is about as probable as Iraq having WMDs.
Reply 24
4xkSZ.jpg

Ahh yes, the Mujahideen like those in Syria.
I was going to say everyone should've just pretended to be Muslims but I guess if they were going to go Mastermind on them then perhaps that might not have worked.
Reply 27
Original post by kinji
I have no words for how ignorant you are. Kenya did not 'interfere' okay! Al Shabaab was also affecting us as a country so just shut up if you have no idea what you're talking about.

Don't worry about it, he is a troll.
Original post by kidomo
Please, just stop. How could anyone( Muslim or non Muslim) say this? ****ing disgusting.

Al Muddarri is a radical Islamist and understands no view other than their own. They do not want to teach others about Islamic culture but instead force Islam down their throats.
Reply 29
3 British citizens dead in this brutal Muslim attack.
Reply 30
Original post by Chindits
3 British citizens dead in this brutal Muslim attack.

I know-it's terrible! People of so many nationalities have died.
Reply 31
Original post by meenu89
Don't worry about it, he is a troll.
Ah, that makes sense. He's just so terrible!
Reply 32
Original post by Apocrypha
4xkSZ.jpg

Ahh yes, the Mujahideen like those in Syria.

I don't think you can compare both groups and whilst Al Shabab are trying to establish a Khilafa the methodology they have is absurd.

In any case, asking questions regarding the mother of the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) IMO wasnt the smartest of questions. Many Muslims won't be able to answer such a question. Not that I condone the killings of innocent non-Muslims and Islamically speaking it is haram.
Reply 33
I'm getting sick and fed up of radical muslim terrorist attacks.
Religion, again, causing nothing but trouble.
Reply 35
Original post by Kiss
I'm getting sick and fed up of radical muslim terrorist attacks.

But not 'palestinian' terrorists though, eh? :rolleyes:
Reply 36
Disgusting attacks, I have family there and glad they are safe although one of my friends brother was unfortunately slain during this attack. I hope they are all shot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by muf_mur
the Al-shabab have clearly said this is not a terrorist attack but a retaliation attack for Kenya invading Somalia...stop blaming it on Islam and calling it a Muslim attack

But why only shoot non muslims? If it was a retaliation they could have shot everyone, why the need to keep muslims exempt from death?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
This coupled with the church attack today in Pakistan shows the pure evil of Islam.
Reply 39
Original post by ZRO
But why only shoot non muslims? If it was a retaliation they could have shot everyone, why the need to keep muslims exempt from death?

Posted from TSR Mobile

they call themselves "mujahideen"...i dont think killing muslims would really help their image

Quick Reply

Latest