Turn on thread page Beta

Does quality of life increase as one's age increases? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    gotta sleep now, just to post this before i forget this tommoz, will give my own opinion then Zzzz..zzz nite nite

ReputationRep:
    I hope so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    gotta sleep now, just to post this before i forget this tommoz, will give my own opinion then Zzzz..zzz nite nite
    Picture it as a parabolic curve, with quality of life on the Y-Axis and age on the X-Axis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Graph showing quality of life/time.
    Lol nice graph, not sure it's true though...will find out one day

ReputationRep:
    It really does depend upon circumstances,
    taking my dad for example, began life living in a two bedroom flat house tenement type thing with 6 other people.
    Three sisters in one room, he shared a room with his parents. Quite a poor family, no car, holidays, didn't even own a bicycle, i think they had a TV but not sure. Anywhoo, left school at 16 with O levels and started work, manual labour type jobs, brickie, painter etc... he did a night course in Technical engineering/electronics - degree equivalent for about 8 years, then got a job at the BBC and things improved, moved out of inner city, now owns his own car, house, with luxuries such as computer, TV, mobile phone, so really done ok for himself.

I'm sure for others there is the complete opposite but really whatever quality of life you have depends on the job you have.

ReputationRep:

Hey! Why's it all down hill after marriage!?!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh nice graph, but the breast feeding... come on it's ya mum.

It would be nice, if when born you are passed to someone else for breast feeding, them that would be the best way for a man to start his life, sucking a random HOT womens tits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToshTrent)
    Yeh nice graph, but the breast feeding... come on it's ya mum.

It would be nice, if when born you are passed to someone else for breast feeding, them that would be the best way for a man to start his life, sucking a random HOT womens tits.
    Why do questions answered by men, normally steer round to tits, and in less than 10 replies, I'm impressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    It really does depend upon circumstances,
    taking my dad for example, began life living in a two bedroom flat house tenement type thing with 6 other people.
    Three sisters in one room, he shared a room with his parents. Quite a poor family, no car, holidays, didn't even own a bicycle, i think they had a TV but not sure. Anywhoo, left school at 16 with O levels and started work, manual labour type jobs, brickie, painter etc... he did a night course in Technical engineering/electronics - degree equivalent for about 8 years, then got a job at the BBC and things improved, moved out of inner city, now owns his own car, house, with luxuries such as computer, TV, mobile phone, so really done ok for himself.

I'm sure for others there is the complete opposite but really whatever quality of life you have depends on the job you have.
    I think it depends if you are a grafter or not. It sounds like you dad was prepared to work hard, (good for him), he could have quite easily gone the other way. But he is made of stronger stuff!

I do actually think that quality of life gets easier as you get older, I think of all you care free students, you may complain about student debt (don't we all) but I think you have got a pretty good life with little or no responsibilities. I used to be like that, but now I am in my 30's I wouldn't go back to being 18 again, not unless I knew then what I know now.

ReputationRep:
    Wow that above username is soooo cool! was that this morning?

I'm not sure if Piginapoke's diagram is right - it really depends how you measure quality of life. If its about friends & relationships and plain general happiness then Id say I might be alot happier now than after being married for a few years (and Im at the bottom of the teenage dip I expect) in material wealth I expect Im FAR higher than I ever will be for ages & ages - rich parents may pay off now but when Im left they're not prepared to part with their money If its an all-round thing on happiness Id say you begin life happy & get happier during childhood then reach a low at about 9 or 10 and happiness fades probably till the later stages of male puberty when you start meeting partners & having intimate social groups.... Then during uni thing stay roughly the same depending on circumstances - improve once you find a partner and improve till a peak - just before they live with you, then it really depends. Children are a mixed blessing and I think OAPs react differently - for one set of grandparents its the best time in their lives for another its the worst

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Britain)
    Why do questions answered by men, normally steer round to tits, and in less than 10 replies, I'm impressed.
    Duno, it was my first, so learning fast.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.