The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Travelling to and from uni

Hi there,

I will be travelling to and from the University of Kent (Canterbury) Anyone else on here doing the same for their first year there? If so, how are they feeling about it? I was interested in meeting a few people like me today but I didn't meet anyone who is and I am sure there must be someone else other than me!

Also I would be interested to get some advice and experiences from people who had traveled for their first year and how they found it?

I will be driving, parking is sorted and petrol isn't gonna cost too much (40 minute drive, pretty much motorways mostly, my grant will cover it all).

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
I commuted from London last year. I can't say I enjoyed it, but then driving an hour each way every day never appealed to me. It was fairly expensive for me to commute via car, so my attendance suffered.

That said, the cost of petrol was offset by the ability to live at home for free, so I guess it wasn't all that bad.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Chasingyou
Hi there,

I will be travelling to and from the University of Kent (Canterbury) Anyone else on here doing the same for their first year there? If so, how are they feeling about it? I was interested in meeting a few people like me today but I didn't meet anyone who is and I am sure there must be someone else other than me!

Also I would be interested to get some advice and experiences from people who had traveled for their first year and how they found it?

I will be driving, parking is sorted and petrol isn't gonna cost too much (40 minute drive, pretty much motorways mostly, my grant will cover it all).

Thank you :smile:

Hey, I'm doing exactly the same and I'm also in first year. I'm a half an hour drive away and to save money I decided to just commute. I think its going to be so much harder to meet new people and go to all the events which sometimes makes me question my decision. However, as long as the effort is put in, and a few societies are joined it'll be just fine. Also, we're bound to meet people on our course :smile:
Hey, i'll be commuting from London to Kent but don't drive so ill be taking the tube. any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending