The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Physics and Musical performance

Hi

I am willing to apply to the joint course of Imperial College and Royal College of Music (Physics and Musical Performance)

I was wondering if anybody is currently doing this course, or previously done this course, and how it is.

Also my other question is if I should apply to both the Physics course AND Physics and musical performance course in Imperial.
Because it seems like they are two different courses, so even if I fail the audition of the royal college of music, if I get accepted for the physics interview, I might get a place in Imperial.

Or is it safer for me to apply to both Physics and Physics with musical performance?

Thanks
Reply 1
I had a friend who applied to both the physics course and the physics and musical performance course. Sadly she didn't get accepted into the physics and music programme, but she got an offer to do physics so she's doing that now. If I understood correctly there are a very limited number of places so if you want to be safe, apply to both courses.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Basically to get in you have to have physics at an Imperial standard, and be and RCM standard musician, both have to agree to let you in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iemias
Hi

I am willing to apply to the joint course of Imperial College and Royal College of Music (Physics and Musical Performance)

I was wondering if anybody is currently doing this course, or previously done this course, and how it is.

Also my other question is if I should apply to both the Physics course AND Physics and musical performance course in Imperial.
Because it seems like they are two different courses, so even if I fail the audition of the royal college of music, if I get accepted for the physics interview, I might get a place in Imperial.

Or is it safer for me to apply to both Physics and Physics with musical performance?

Thanks

Hi, I am also thinking about this course. I wonder whether you applied. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending