The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chesky
Pretty sure a mark will be for breaking the Br-Br bond and producing Br+, then showing Br- + H+ makes HBr ://

I doubt they will be a mark for making hbr because it just asked for the mechanism :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cbithas
I thought this paper was ok but when i looked at the unofficial mark scheme i realised how easy it was to make mistakes (which i did) hopefully grade boundaries will be lower than last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where is the unofficial mark scheme?
Reply 3102
Original post by Farringtonn
I doubt they will be a mark for making hbr because it just asked for the mechanism :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Possibly, better to be safe than sorry though :smile:
Reply 3103
This is the unofficial MS, it was on pg 143. There's still some qs missing though, and some on here are wrong:smile:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17fIA8PrQlYRzHIeBzx66LtfH7_DankH2bKR8Eu1Y5oc/edit?usp=sharing
Original post by Dr. Django
If it's any consolation, you're not alone :/

I need 3 A's for my med offer (including chemistry) and after F324 I'm really not hopeful as I'll need an A* in F325 :/ all we can so is give it our all and see what happens :smile: I know how you feel though, years put into making an application all to be *seemingly* dashed in just over an hour.

Nonetheless, nothing is decided yet. It is still all there to play for. Whilst it may be unlikely, getting into med school was never going to be easy :smile: let's just give it our best shot and see what happens! Besides, if it doesn't go to plan there are so many alternative routes to fulfilling our dream.

The dream hasn't disappeared. Until all the exams are done, and results day has passed nothing is decided.

At best this is a bump in the road to fulfilling our dream, at worst it simply means we'll have to take a more convoluted route.

Time to make the dream a reality.

Fantastic comment, you're right there are many other doors still open that lead to medicine.
Good look to all doing BY4 on WJEC this afternoon!
Original post by Chesky
This is the unofficial MS, it was on pg 143. There's still some qs missing though, and some on here are wrong:smile:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/17fIA8PrQlYRzHIeBzx66LtfH7_DankH2bKR8Eu1Y5oc/edit?usp=sharing

i am so glad you put that up there as i thought i had done absolutely horrendously like getting a D or something but counting those marks up think i might have got around about 50/60 :biggrin: thank you
Original post by Mule
I think that has 10 carbon environments.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No this has 8 carbon environments. The benzene has only 4 carbon environments
Original post by Chesky

Thank you soooo much for that it really helped. But I thought the compound question G split in 3 smaller molecules

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3108
Original post by danscott5696
No this has 8 carbon environments. The benzene has only 4 carbon environments

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402768340.443402.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3109
Original post by Tomi9568
Thank you soooo much for that it really helped. But I thought the compound question G split in 3 smaller molecules

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea it did, I didn't make this, I've just copied the link. There are a couple of questions on there that appear wrong, there's also some missing still :smile: hope that helps

Oh yeah woops. I didn't put that anyway I got right according to the unofficial markscheme
Wheres the grade boundaries poll?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jackrsearle
the quartet on the benzene peak threw me aswell, but I'm pretty sure it has to be CH3-CH2-benzene-CH2-CHO, it fit in best with the rest of the information present

Same
Reply 3113
Anyone got any idea what mark for an A*??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Murtle
Anyone got any idea what mark for an A*??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Id say 52-54 :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending