The Student Room Group

Written Work...HELP!

So I've applied to Magdalen College, and am now concentrating on my written work. I have the best piece of work I've ever done...perfect for submission... only one problem.

It's 2300 words and they ask for no more than 2000, will they object? If I'm submitting an extract, how do I go about doing that?
I'd generally advise against submitting something too long, it doesn't look good if you can't follow the instructions, plus tutors don't want extra words to read :tongue:

I didn't have to submit written work, so maybe someone else can advise you on if/how to submit an extract. Which subject are you applying for?
Reply 2
Original post by fluteflute
I'd generally advise against submitting something too long, it doesn't look good if you can't follow the instructions, plus tutors don't want extra words to read :tongue:

I didn't have to submit written work, so maybe someone else can advise you on if/how to submit an extract. Which subject are you applying for?

Yeah very true, I just can't figure out how to do an extract :smile:

English Language and Literature :smile:
So apparently "candidates are welcome to submit an excerpt from a longer piece if they believe it to represent their best work."

Note that "Legible photocopies are acceptable, but work must be original marked work not re-written or corrected for Oxford entrance".

How you actually send that off is your decision... :tongue: I have some ideas, but nothing perfect!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending