The Student Room Group

Distance A levels, which provider is best?

I'm looking at doing 4 AS then 3 A2 levels over 2 years via distance learning. I'm a mature(ish) student and I'll be working as well. I'm eventually hoping to apply for medicine so need AAAb minimum, ideally better. Has anyone here done or doing distance a levels? From the look of it there are a few providers. I'd be taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths to A2 and AS Psychology. Any opinions on which are best?

Oxford College
Uk Open College
Open Study College
Uk Learning College

Anyone had any experience of these?
Reply 1
Original post by AJ Smiley
I'm looking at doing 4 AS then 3 A2 levels over 2 years via distance learning. I'm a mature(ish) student and I'll be working as well. I'm eventually hoping to apply for medicine so need AAAb minimum, ideally better. Has anyone here done or doing distance a levels? From the look of it there are a few providers. I'd be taking Biology, Chemistry and Maths to A2 and AS Psychology. Any opinions on which are best?

Oxford College
Uk Open College
Open Study College
Uk Learning College

Anyone had any experience of these?

You will need to find a centre for the science practicals...
You should have no problem finding an exam centre.

I used National Extension College, they don't offer Chemistry but they do have the other 3.

I actually recommend 3A Tutors (www.3at.org.uk) they offer tuition services for all of your subjects and will sort out any necessary coursework. They do offer practicals for science subjects if you can travel there, they are based in Bristol.

Good luck with your studies.
Reply 2
Hi AJ Smiley who did you end up going with? and how are you finding it? A2B

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending