Oxbridge Weekends Watch

This discussion is closed.
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hoofbeat)
LECTURES?! you have a lecture on a saturday?!?!?!?!?!

Yes, this is the joy of first year NatSci. Oh wait, and second year, with the options I've picked
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
Yes, this is the joy of first year NatSci. Oh wait, and second year, with the options I've picked
Join the club - I'm going to be having Saturdays next year as well. And boy are my NatSci friends going to let me know about it (having teased them all year )
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Join the club - I'm going to be having Saturdays next year as well. And boy are my NatSci friends going to let me know about it (having teased them all year )
Heh, yes, our medics are in exactly the same boat... mwahahahaaa...
sam99
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
What course are you doing? Do economists also have Saturday lectures?

Sam
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sam99)
What course are you doing? Do economists also have Saturday lectures?

Sam
Medicine. I don't think economists do, mainly Mathmos, NatScis, Compscis and engineers. (and 2nd year medics :mad: )
sam99
Report 14 years ago
Medicine. I don't think economists do, mainly Mathmos, NatScis, Compscis and engineers. (and 2nd year medics :mad: )
thx. Phew! Big relief. I'm so used to not doing anything on Saturday's until about 9pm that Saturday lectures would be a BIG shock to the system!
Hoofbeat
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
What about Physicists (Oxf)?!?!?!?!?!
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm afraid I have absolutely no idea whatsoever about Oxford timetables :rolleyes:
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

Engineers don't, at least not in the first year... and I didn't think mathmos did though I could be wrong..? Economists definitely don't. Some of ours don't seem to go to any lectures...
Kalypso
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
As far as I know, there are no saturday lectures in Oxford.

If lecture lists do it for you, you can look at them all here: http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/pubs/lectures/
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
is it mostly science students that have saturday lectures? what about languages?
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by priya)
is it mostly science students that have saturday lectures? what about languages?
Almost exclusively sciences. I don't think any of the arts subjects have Saturdays.
Hoofbeat
Rep:
?
(Original post by grey faerie)
As far as I know, there are no saturday lectures in Oxford.

If lecture lists do it for you, you can look at them all here: http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/pubs/lectures/
Thanks
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Here, this should soothe all the Cambridge Freshers' concerns - it has the time and date of every lecture in every undergraduate course in Cambridge. But just to stem the panic, I can assure you that no first year in any subject other than NatSci has Saturday lectures. The rest of you just aren't good enough

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/reporter/2003-04/special/01/
Sazzle
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just to point out he isn't actually skewbald! He's tri-coloured but most of the pics make him look skewbald. However, technically he's tri coloured as he has a black patch above his knee on one of his fore legs and that is also why he has black in his mane and tail, rather than brown

Actually, there is no such thing as "Tri-coloured". Skewbald is the CORRECT term to describe a horse with either the tobiano or one of the overo genes on a base coat colour that is not black (which is called a piebald).

Rocky is in fact a bay horse, and displays the black points and mane and tail which all bay horses do (hence the black patch on his leg above the white marking)

His correct colouring should be described as "Bay Tobiano" - That is a tobiano pattern on a bay base coat.
Mr_Upstairs
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Sazzle)
Actually, there is no such thing as "Tri-coloured".

Unless you are in a 1950's pony novel of course.... Maybe the original poster is suffering from some kind of delusion - perhaps a rejection to the modern way of living and the advances of science (yes, even equine terminology has advanced...)

Jolly hockey sticks everyone!
roxy potter
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mr_Upstairs)
Unless you are in a 1950's pony novel of course.... Maybe the original poster is suffering from some kind of delusion - perhaps a rejection to the modern way of living and the advances of science (yes, even equine terminology has advanced...)

Jolly hockey sticks everyone!
i love those pony novels. has anyone read the pullein-thompson novels and the jill books?
Hoofbeat
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sazzle)
Actually, there is no such thing as "Tri-coloured". Skewbald is the CORRECT term to describe a horse with either the tobiano or one of the overo genes on a base coat colour that is not black (which is called a piebald).

Rocky is in fact a bay horse, and displays the black points and mane and tail which all bay horses do (hence the black patch on his leg above the white marking)

His correct colouring should be described as "Bay Tobiano" - That is a tobiano pattern on a bay base coat.
I agree he can be referred to as Tobiano, but his veterinary passport and insurance documents all call him Tricoloured as do the people at my yard (it is an equestrian college!) as that is the current terminology for a horse with three colours on his body (ie. above the knee).
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (252)
27.18%
No (675)
72.82%

Watched Threads