The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

this exam was okay ..u knw in the last question was it covalent or ioncic bond? i wrote ionic but then crossed it out it and wrote covalent..one guy told its co-ordinate covalent? and that question about molecules from electronegativity period was abit tricky what were the answers for tht?
Reply 781
Original post by jack97
reverse page? don't make me think I missed a page of questions? Was the last question on making a compound from its elements? If so then im fine

nah I think you're cool there :smile:
Original post by bradlydc
Im sorry to inform you but there was a last page!

Was the 2nd to last question about asking what type of crystal structure and why it had a high melting point?
Wasn't it ionic because thallium is a metalloid so can form ionic or covalent bonds dependent on circumstance, and since q said it had a high bpt, it would be ionic?
Here's the paper
https://www.dropbox.com/s/70u7rwmh9jrebny/Compressed.zip

I may write an unofficial mark scheme, if anyone wants to feel free to write your own.
Original post by jack97
Was the 2nd to last question about asking what type of crystal structure and why it had a high melting point?

yes it assked why it had a high melting point.
Original post by Nur.097
For the catalyst i put palladium/ platinum ? í ½í¸¥í ½í¸

Thats what i put but everyone else i know put something different :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fhus
Hydrogen doesn't have a neutron

ya I realised lmaaoooo I posted another post venting my frustration at myself oh laawwwwddddddddkdejihnlfsidbhldbhwkgikfrg
Reply 788
F***! I had a lapse and wrote meticallic bonding for TlBr but described ionic bonding!! Is that a CE? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thought the paper on the whole was generally OK. A lot of very sneaky questions, for example, a lot of people in my school got the first question wrong. But I thought it was decent paper. A grade boundary imo, would be like 57/8
Original post by mmp97
F***! I had a lapse and wrote meticallic bonding for TlBr but described ionic bonding!! Is that a CE? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately, yes it is. If you fail to get the right bonding then you cannot score any further ones in that q
Do you know how much that particular question was worth?

What integer for x did you get?
I got 4. If my working is along the right path, should I still get some marks if that is wrong?

Original post by LOOLzz
u had to draw brackets around it. and the charges
Original post by sofiamalik_1995
Thats what i put but everyone else i know put something different :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

same I put platinum....
Original post by peakneek
Thought the paper on the whole was generally OK. A lot of very sneaky questions, for example, a lot of people in my school got the first question wrong. But I thought it was decent paper. A grade boundary imo, would be like 57/8

What do you think it will be for 100 UMS this time around?
For the gas volume question, I got my no. of moles wrong so everything after was wrong.

Then I realised with 30seconds to spare so I managed to change the 1st and 2nd value... But now it looks like my no. Of moles in the 4 mark bit is completely random... Will I get any method marks/ecf at all or will it be all wrong?

So pissed off with myself for that, that's 4 marks right there on top of everything else, for something so easy.
Original post by cycahm
Tl is a metal and Br is a non-metal.
I said it was an ionic lattice or something and there are strong electrostatic forces of attraction between the oppositely charged ions so lots of energy is needed to overcome them

yh but if it was an ionic bond it would have to be tlbr3 but the question was on abt tlbr ?
Original post by Nur.097
For the catalyst i put palladium/ platinum ? ������������

same I put platinum
Reply 797
Original post by chizz1889
can you remember the equation?

Nope, sorry!
Reply 798
Original post by peakneek
Unfortunately, yes it is. If you fail to get the right bonding then you cannot score any further ones in that q

Ok thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tryingtosucceed
Do you know how much that particular question was worth?

What integer for x did you get?
I got 4. If my working is along the right path, should I still get some marks if that is wrong?

I got x = 2

Latest

Trending

Trending