The Student Room Group

Birth month and A-level results?

Hey guys!!#

Im doing a correlation study on the effects that birth month can have on intelligence. I'd really appreciate if you could state your month of birth followed by your A-Level results

i.e. November. AAB

You can state your subject choice too if you prefer. I'd reallly appreciate it!!!

P.S. your identity will be kept fully confidential .. I will only be using the data you submit, not your username or such. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Scroll to see replies

Can I suggest that you set something up on survey monkey? At the moment you're asking people to post fairly personal info on a public forum whilst saying that it will be confidential :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Origami Bullets
Can I suggest that you set something up on survey monkey? At the moment you're asking people to post fairly personal info on a public forum whilst saying that it will be confidential :erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

my thought exactly
I also recommend asking around lots - you want a decent, representative sample, and TSR is not going to provide that.
Reply 4
Sorry, I mean the data on my correlation will be confidental (I.e. you will be given a number not by your TSR name) you can also tick the annonymous box. I realise there are a lot of research flaws but its one of the other aims of this method. Thank you for the survey reccomendation but I have one set up, ill put up a link soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Agata
Sorry, I mean the data on my correlation will be confidental (I.e. you will be given a number not by your TSR name) you can also tick the annonymous box. I realise there are a lot of research flaws but its one of the other aims of this method. Thank you for the survey reccomendation but I have one set up, ill put up a link soon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There isn't an anonymous box on this part of the forum.
Reply 6
Original post by TheGirlNextDoor
There isn't an anonymous box on this part of the forum.

Oh oops, pardon my ignorance. Im via phone so I was unaware..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Agata
Oh oops, pardon my ignorance. Im via phone so I was unaware..

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem - as far as I'm aware anonymous is only in the H&R section.

For your study though... December: A*AA.

:smile:

EDIT: Oh and Economics BSc.
(edited 10 years ago)
October - A*A*A
(edited 10 years ago)
April BBD

BA Media and Cultural studies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
My mum always goes on about this. I'm born in August but some of my class mates had birthdays 2 or 3 weeks later and were essentially a year older than me when we started each school year.

August - ABC
July
AS results of AAAC

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 13
June
AS results of AAAA
Reply 14
May, A*A*A.
August - A*A*A

Subject choice - Degree or A-Level? A-Levels were Biology, Maths and Chemistry. Now studying Medicine.
Reply 16
September, A*A*A*A
Reply 17
December

A*A*A*A*
Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics

+ an a in Biology AS.

Good luck with your study.
You may get some skewed results, as people are more likely to post if their results are good. That may not matter, as it's the distribution of birth months that you're interested in, but it's just something to consider.
Original post by The Sorcerer
Octahedral

It's a name - I can spell it how I like. :tongue:

But yes, it was a mistake.

Quick Reply

Latest