A*A*AA

Maths, F. Maths, Computing, Physics

April

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by other one
why?

I skipped a year of primary school

It used to be pretty common for people to skip primary school years and then be given a choice whether to repeat year 6 or not, but I'm not sure if it still happens.
Reply 62
August - BCD
December, A*A*A*. This is no worse than someone with 4 or 5 A*s, I simply decided to take 3 A Levels. :h:

EDIT: Negged for telling the truth. How can you get higher than A*A*A* if you only take 3 subjects? Idiots. I'm still in the top 1.7% of all A Level students with these results. 98.3% of all A Level students are inferior to me. :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 65
November, CDE + C EPQ + E AS.
Reply 66
November, AABC (Archaeology, Geography, History and Biology). I'm now studying Ecology at university.
October A*A*A
Reply 68
May - A*A*AAB (Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry). Also A* EPQ
November A*A*A*A
Original post by Americanism
December, A*A*A*. This is no worse than someone with 4 or 5 A*s, I simply decided to take 3 A Levels. :h:

EDIT: Negged for telling the truth. How can you get higher than A*A*A* if you only take 3 subjects? Idiots. I'm still in the top 1.7% of all A Level students with these results. 98.3% of all A Level students are inferior to me. :tongue:

But having more than three A*s is certainly better than 'just' three, it requires a greater deal of effort and shows more dedication/ability in a wider range. For all practical purposes it makes no difference and you may not have been actually able/allowed to take more than three but four+ is definitely a greater achievement.

There is a case for A*A*A* being better than A*A*A*A, but it's a pointless debate.
Original post by Agata
Hey guys!!#

Im doing a correlation study on the effects that birth month can have on intelligence. I'd really appreciate if you could state your month of birth followed by your A-Level results

i.e. November. AAB

You can state your subject choice too if you prefer. I'd reallly appreciate it!!!

P.S. your identity will be kept fully confidential .. I will only be using the data you submit, not your username or such. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Could we get an update on the results of the study too? It'd be really interesting to know! :smile:
March A*A*A*A
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Pterodactyl
But having more than three A*s is certainly better than 'just' three, it requires a greater deal of effort and shows more dedication/ability in a wider range. For all practical purposes it makes no difference and you may not have been actually able/allowed to take more than three but four+ is definitely a greater achievement.

There is a case for A*A*A* being better than A*A*A*A, but it's a pointless debate.

You're wrong. I could have taken 4 or 5 A Levels if I wanted to and I probably would have achieved straight A*s, I just decided that I'd rather focus on three. It doesn't make me a worse student. :rolleyes: Universities typically only give 3 grade offers, so any grade(s) a student gets that is above 3 doesn't mean much anyway. Universities won't accept a student who needs A*A*A if they achieve A*AAAB.

On a separate note, of course A*A*A* is better than A*A*A*A - the latter student has basically failed their 4th subject and does not have 100% A*s. :rofl:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 73
Original post by Juzsomebody
Could we get an update on the results of the study too? It'd be really interesting to know! :smile:
March A*A*A*A

I will do :smile:))

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Agata
All of you guys are so smart haha. Just to join in (because I want to) my grades were AAB (Psychology, Media and English) stupid C in AS English pulled my A in A2 to a B :frown:(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are u currently studying psych at uni? If yes how is it?? Want to apply
Original post by Americanism
You're wrong. I could have taken 4 or 5 A Levels if I wanted to and I probably would have achieved straight A*s, I just decided that I'd rather focus on three. It doesn't make me a worse student. :rolleyes: Universities typically only give 3 grade offers, so any grade(s) a student gets that is above 3 doesn't mean much anyway. Universities won't accept a student who needs A*A*A if they achieve A*AAAB.

On a separate note, of course A*A*A* is better than A*A*A*A - the latter student has basically failed their 4th subject and does not have 100% A*s. :rofl:

What happened to love of education? I did 6, because I enjoyed the subjects - this seems to be an alien concept to some people.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 76
April

AS results: AABCE.

English Lang, Psychology, Biology, General Studies and a stupid E in Chemistry :frown: (which I've dropped)

Well done to everyone else, they all seem like great results :biggrin:
May BCU
Then I went to an FE college and improved my grades to ABB

I've noticed lots of people making criticisms about the way you're carrying this research out. I'd use them in your evaluation :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Octohedral
What happened to love of education? I did 6, because I enjoyed the subjects - this seems to be an alien concept to some people.

I enjoyed my subjects as well. I never said I didn't. :rolleyes: All I'm saying is, I am not inferior to anyone and can never be if you measure A Level grades because I have 100% A*s. I could have been one of those weirdos who gets 8 A*s if I took 8 subjects, but I took 3.
December. A*A*A - History, Sociology, Politics.
A at AS English Litertature.

Subject: International Relations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending