sound problem Watch

This discussion is closed.
Pekachu
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Hello i am new to this forum thingy, i was told by some friends to give it a go so here i am.

the problems i am haveing is with my advent 7017 laptop, although i feel it is a good machine the after care is ****. i had to do a full format unfortunatly after finding out the recovery cd's had gone on holiday and left me behind. the sound drivers i have managed to get of the net, and all apear to be working but still no sound i am told it is the mp3 player mounted on the front, but i am unable to get it working HELP!!!!!

i am also told that the recovery disk contains a machine specific video driver for the ati radeon mobility 64mb can anyone help with that.

and the last thing is an embarissing one i sat on the laptop this morning and broke the screen advent said they can sell me another one for just short of £400, but i am a lowly student and cant aford this can someone point me to a cheaper second hand option, i am at my wits end guys please help. Pekachu
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I suppose you could.... hire a monkey to write for you?
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Unfortunatly Advent are cheap far east import that the Dixons group crap stick their own name on.

It can be repaired if you know how to replace the screen, depending on the screen size. You can pick up 14" TFT units for around £150 its just a matter of fitting it.

The drivers for the sound are on the web its just a matter of finding out who really made your laptop and then downloading the drivers for it.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (25)
16.67%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (26)
17.33%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (30)
20%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (58)
38.67%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (4)
2.67%
No particular grades needed (7)
4.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise