biology ocr planning Watch

This discussion is closed.
runrunrun
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
How do i go about setting out my planning excercise? What sub-headings do i ahve and in what order? e.g. Introductoin, Preliminary Work, Method etc?

Thanks
Dill
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes, I would do intro. first, then talk about prelim. and include a prediction based on the results of your prelim. and include facts found in books etc. to stuff in that support your prediction, then your method, and remember to say all about the safety stuff AND how the equipment u will use will ensure accuracy! just out of interest, what is your coursework on? mine was on stuff to do with solute potential of onion!
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My plan started with the aim of the experiment, which is uneccessary since the title explains it all Then an introduction 'Photosynthesis can be explained as a multifaceted process, which uses sunlight to build up complex substances from simpler substances...' - usually starting from the foundation of the topic and as Dil explained using scientific facts from sources from the textbooks/internet back your points up. Limitations can be inculuded at this stage as well. Following that i had a section called variations - but i suppose it depends on what your coursework is on, again on this section under planning i used graphs from textbooks as back up evidence. The next heading was 'prediction' and you would use necessary evidence to validate your hypotheisis. Before the mthod you should have a section called 'Apparatus' for OCR this is a requirement and you're expected to have a diagram as well. The next section would be method and a you should have a little on risk assessment.
Da-Dapper
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Is that for this year pratical exam for OCR AS Biology?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (274)
27.29%
No (730)
72.71%

Watched Threads