Tillybop
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Good idea for a thread! I started an A2 physics one a while back, but no one really got interested in it. Ah well!

Anyone doing AQA??
Headfirst_4_MCR
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HarryMWilliams)
Great idea - as with the AS thread.

I've survived OCR AS and A2 Biology so if anyone has anything OCR specific, quote me!
Do you have any tips for F216? It was the coursework that pulled me down last year.
DavidYorkshireFTW
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth)
Good idea for a thread! I started an A2 physics one a while back, but no one really got interested in it. Ah well!

Anyone doing AQA??
I did AQA
phaseshift
  • Study Helper
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Headfirst_4_MCR)
x
Key terms. Get them sorted and you should be OK - the way F213 and F216 are marked is slightly different to the exams in that you are unlikely to be credited if you waffle about a point correctly, without getting your key terms in there.
Headfirst_4_MCR
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Key terms. Get them sorted and you should be OK - the way F213 and F216 are marked is slightly different to the exams in that you are unlikely to be credited if you waffle about a point correctly, without getting your key terms in there.
<br />
<br />
Okay, thank you.
marcelkitten12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Has anyone found any good resources for A2 aqa biology? i'm just looking for question booklets ect. i've been given a totally incompetent teacher this year
Tuana
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth)

Anyone doing AQA??
Yessss
Tuana
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by marcelkitten12)
Has anyone found any good resources for A2 aqa biology? i'm just looking for question booklets ect. i've been given a totally incompetent teacher this year
Yeah , go on www.vbio.weebly.com . It it very useful for A Level biology , there are questions on each topic and pretty much everything you need for revision. Hope that helps !
Tuana
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, where is everyone in A2 biology at the moment , is there anyone that has finished unit 4 already ? And have your teachers prepared you for the ISA/ EMPA ,yet ?
MarkProbio
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tuana)
Hi, where is everyone in A2 biology at the moment , is there anyone that has finished unit 4 already ? And have your teachers prepared you for the ISA/ EMPA ,yet ?
If you're on about OCR, we've done Unit 4 which is Responses. We've also done ecosystems and the Communication and Homeostasis. We've not done any of our ISAS yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tuana
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MarkProbio)
If you're on about OCR, we've done Unit 4 which is Responses. We've also done ecosystems and the Communication and Homeostasis. We've not done any of our ISAS yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am on about AQA, but even then thank you - its good to know about other exam boards, too... I am selfstudying... so, just wanted to know where everyone is upto in revision
sophie-ny
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am doing AQA, finished unit 4 but I am really struggling with the essay questions at the end of unit 5. Has anyone got any advice?
username504651
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm failing, yay me!
Smonic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Edexcel: How does temperature affect NPP?

I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find an explanation. Can someone please explain this?
CJRyan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Smonic)
Edexcel: How does temperature affect NPP?

I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find an explanation. Can someone please explain this?
As chemical reactions occur more rapidly at higher temperature, the rate of plant respiration increases as temperature increases.

NPP = GPP - respiration

So, if the respiration rate increases, the NPP would decrease.

If temperatures decrease, the rate of respiration would decrease, increasing NPP.

Hope this makes sense
marcelkitten12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tuana)
Yeah , go on www.vbio.weebly.com . It it very useful for A Level biology , there are questions on each topic and pretty much everything you need for revision. Hope that helps !
Thank you! that seems very helpful!
laurenf95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Great idea - as with the AS thread.

I've survived OCR AS and A2 Biology so if anyone has anything OCR specific, quote me!
Can you help with the Unit 6 Ocr practical I've got one on Thursday and found the mock really difficult, questions included!?
phaseshift
  • Study Helper
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by laurenf95)
x
I can give you general advice and information, but, as for specific guidance I can't because it would almost certainly break the exam discussion rules given this is controlled assessment.

What are you finding difficult?
letsbehonest
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am drawing a graph of light intensity effect on colour absorbance of indicator. I have established I need to draw a line graph. Do I plot the averages and create a line of best fit??
Tuana
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by marcelkitten12)
Thank you! that seems very helpful!
You're welcome ! Hope you get a good grade in biology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (290)
34.16%
No (559)
65.84%

Watched Threads