The Student Room Group

Student Finance lost my birth certificate!

I originally sent a photocopy of my birth certificate to student finance (not wanting anything to happen to the original), and as a result I got a letter on the 12th August stating I needed to supply a full birth certificate as a photocopy would not suffice. I then sent out my full birth certificate almost immediately after, and within the next two weeks received an email stating that my online ofer was available. After starting my course on the 16th and still not receiving any payments I waited until today to phone them. They told me that they had not received my birth certificate, assuring me that I didn't send out my full version, in other words implying that I was imagining it. I definitely sent it, and they say they definitely don't have it. I've heard about documents getting lost by student finance before, so it is very plausible. Now not only d I need to buy a new birth certificate, but my application may be delayed for as long as six weeks! Truly and utterly disgraceful as far as I'm concerned.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there,

Sorry to hear this,

Do you have the exact date that you sent your birth certificate?

How did you send this to us?

Was it recorded delivery?

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Hi there,

Sorry to hear this,

Do you have the exact date that you sent your birth certificate?

How did you send this to us?

Was it recorded delivery?

Thanks

It was sent on the 14th August via Royal Mail 1st class delivery; unfortunately not recorded.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi again,

What address did you send the Birth Certificate to? Did you send this with anything else? Had you previously sent the Identity Form?

Thanks,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending