The Student Room Group

Nairobi Hostages forced to repeat verses from the Quran

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reform
Why they went for such a target is beyond me. They could've targeted the Kenyan base or any other military target. In any case, Jihad has rules so I have no idea how they convinced those people to commit such an act.

It's amazing what people will do in the name of extremism.
Reply 21
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
It was the Metro on my journey, in case you're wondering.

If it was only political, they wouldn't have focused so much on Islam. Simple, really.

I felt awful for the families. And for the survivors - it must have been absolute Hell. Reading the tweets sent from the centre was upsetting itself, never mind how bad it must have been to be there.

I went on the Metro website and saw this in a article:

Al-Shabaab thought to have several thousand fighters including those from the Middle East with experience from Iraq and Afghanistan said it had launched the attack to convince Kenyan troops to withdraw from Somalia, which has been without a central government since 1991 when warlords ousted dictator Mohamed Siad Barre.

Regardless of whether it is political or as you say religious, i agree with you that the families must be so so so devastated. It must feel so terrible, more than i can comprehend.
Reply 22
It's amazing what people will do in the name of extremism.

I don't know about that. Your definition of extremism in comparison to mine is very very very different. Whilst I don't agree with what Al Shabab are doing (in this particular circumstance), I don't like the way in which you phrased your statement.

:biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by dewskli
So you think he should be forced to repeat verses of the koran or be executed?

You're quite persistent. Weren't you just banned?

And how in the world did you reach such a conclusion? :confused:
Reply 24
Original post by Reform
You're quite persistent. Weren't you just banned?

And how in the world did you reach such a conclusion? :confused:

censorship never prevails, I dont agree with it and you may remember a certain jumped group called the naziis that had the same censorship obsession a few years back - they didn't last. These are issues that are topical and everyone has an opinion on..Odd that people here are trying to blame this attack on kenyas war on islaists in somalia - ultimatly islamists motives are same all over the world - to convert infidels or otherwise kill them and seize more land for islams 'empire' In their eyes islam still has an empire, because the ancestors of the people they conquered still follow the Arabs edicts of rule. Somalia was never a muslim country till the caliphs invaded it. now hundreds of years later their indoctrinated ancestors (slaves) are doing the bidding of the arabs blowing themselves up and shooting shoppers in what they think will bring down civilisation -all because they are butthurt that the civilised world defeated the Islamic empire all those years ago and ended the dream of 'world domination'. retarded logic, but then we are talking about islamists here.
Reply 25
You don't want to know what I think of you.

Would it not have been enough to merely condemn the actions of these scumbags and leave it at that?

Shouldn't you be taking your own advice and condemning the atrocities the British Army commits every day in Iraq/Afghanistan?

66 isn't much compared to 100's thousands. And these thousands tend to be all Muslims, just like the 66 Christians [if that's what they were].

Only solution to these problems is to tell countries to stop interfering in other people's business.
Original post by Reform
Why they went for such a target is beyond me. They could've targeted the Kenyan base or any other military target. In any case, Jihad has rules so I have no idea how they convinced those people to commit such an act.

Israeli owned shopping centre and lots of foreigners.

I doubt they would have got as much attention or caused as many casualties attacking a Kenyan base.
Original post by Reform

Extremely odd methodology.

Don't Al Shabab have scholars?

No clue bro. I don't know much about them.
Reply 28
My patience is growing thin with Islam.
Reply 29
Ignore the fact that Muslims everywhere are disgusted by the attack and that these terrorists are as a problem for us as they are for everyone else.
Reply 30
Original post by Kiss
My patience is growing thin with Islam.

This.

I'm trying to keep an open mind, and I know that not all Muslims agree with or condone such things, but it's the source of so much awfulness in the world it's extremely hard not to resent Islam itself.
Reply 31
Original post by Bill_Gates
http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/indian-shot-in-kenya-mall-for-failing-to-answer-query-on-islam-report-422525?pfrom=home-lateststories

Thats just one of the links, many more! its on itv news now too.

Im just looking through twitter and hardly any muslim is outraged by the attack, rather some are even saying remember verses from the Quran in order to remain safe?

I just hope this breed of hidden and now openly viewable breed of Islam is not bought to the streets of Britain.

They are outraged but probably sick of having to repeatedly defend themsleves even when it has nothing to do with what they believe in. You do realise that the majority of Muslims, like any human being, found the attack disgusting, but why should they have to keep on proving that they are outraged ?? They did not commit the attack and nor does the attack fit in with their beleifs.
Reply 32
Original post by IlexBlue
This.

I'm trying to keep an open mind, and I know that not all Muslims agree with or condone such things, but it's the source of so much awfulness in the world it's extremely hard not to resent Islam itself.

The majority of Muslims do not agree with any of this. Thid is the end result of the Saudi influenced cancer and mindset called Salafism. It seems every other country is paying the price at the moment except the Saudis. Can you not see the blatant hypocrisy and lies about the 'war on terror' by western countries, why have they attacked every country except the one with the source of the problem???????!!!!!!!
What is this? They call themselves muslims? What happened to (in the Quran) the is no compulsion in faith?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by interact
The majority of Muslims do not agree with any of this. Thid is the end result of the Saudi influenced cancer and mindset called Salafism. It seems every other country is paying the price at the moment except the Saudis. Can you not see the blatant hypocrisy and lies about the 'war on terror' by western countries, why have they attacked every country except the one with the source of the problem???????!!!!!!!

I don't really care anymore, I'd never lump other Muslims in with these barbarians but this religion has caused so many issues and death and terror in countries around the world I'm getting sick of it.

I don't dislike Muslims, but I hate Islam. I'm not convinced it's a religion that teaches "love" and "peace."
Reply 35
Original post by Ham22
But think of the Cultural Sensitivity Points you'll get for towing the apologist line. Hmm? :flutter: Hang in there:crossedf:.

I think I lost the ability to care about "Cultural Sensitivity Points" when an innocent soldier got decapitated in the street.
Reply 36
I don't really care anymore, I'd never lump other Muslims in with these barbarians but this religion has caused so many issues and death and terror in countries around the world I'm getting sick of it.

I don't dislike Muslims, but I hate Islam. I'm not convinced it's a religion that teaches "love" and "peace."

It's a good thing that the majority of Muslims haven't come to the same bull**** conclusions then after having studied the actual teachings of the religion. You're telling me Islams not peaceful when your governments are speading "democracy" by bombing innocent women and children from thousands of miles away like cowards, while raping countries of their resources so that those of you who are empty from the inside have things to buy and oil to run your car. You've destaballised countries beyond belief, to remove puppet dictators that you had installed in the first place because they were no longer listening. Your lots patience has run out with Islam? Well mine has with the West and your Athestic attitude that since this is your only life, you have to make it as enjoyable as possible which can only happen by exploiting other countries.
I think I lost the ability to care about "Cultural Sensitivity Points" when an innocent soldier got decapitated in the street.

Just a question for you. So like, do you hate NATO forces then? Including hate towards every country which puts troops into it.

I mean innocent people do get bombed from drones by them so...

I'm not trying to point out and say 'what about blah blah stuff done by western countries garbage' in response to this mall incidence.

I'm just curious whether you would think the same when your countries are involved in the deaths.

Muslim extremists kill innocents -----> Hate Islam
Innocent people bombed by drones -----> Hate countries which make up Nato? So do you follow through?
Reply 38
Original post by Ham22
But think of the Cultural Sensitivity Points you'll get for towing the apologist line. Hmm? :flutter: Hang in there:crossedf:.

So clever, well done! You know **** all about Islam but carry on with your blanket generalisations and one-liners because you're too thick to study the actual religion.
Original post by Truefaith
What is this? They call themselves muslims? What happened to (in the Quran) the is no compulsion in faith?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think everything in Koran has to be taken in context, ie muslims who believe they are in war are allowed to do all sorts of things, same in lessor jihads etc. Have u not hears islamists such as these quote verses of attacking or convertng the kuffr, after almost every major islamist attck - in pretty much every part o the world (barring south America where there are barely any muslims) You should read the Koran if only to see the mentality of pre-medieval society. How do you think vast swathes of that part of the world converted to islam from 800 -1600ad ? Anything to do with the march of Islamic armies all over the region during that time?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending