The Student Room Group

Can you transfer unis during the first year?

I've been at uni a couple of weeks now I really just hate everything about it and want to move home. However I really want to carry on my degree but the current university is two hours away from where I live. Is is possible to transfer unis after only a couple of weeks?
Reply 1
Original post by FrancescaNeilson
I've been at uni a couple of weeks now I really just hate everything about it and want to move home. However I really want to carry on my degree but the current university is two hours away from where I live. Is is possible to transfer unis after only a couple of weeks?

I'm in the exact same position, I don't like living so far away from home and was hoping to transfer as well. So I'm trying to find the answer to this too, nice to know I'm not the only one in this situation. Sorry I can't help more than that though!
All you can do is phone the other Uni and ask.

Its likely that they wont know if they have any spaces yet - ie. they are waiting to see who drops out from their Uni. But you can at least establish if its possible and what the procedure would be.
Hey! im thinking of transferring to a university closer to home. Although ive made friends here im just not happy and not myself, im a very outgoing person and LOVE to socialize but here i just stay in my room for as long as i can. I called my university which i wanted to transfer to and they accepted me, I then spoke to the university im at now and i just had to sign a paper saying i was going to withdraw, however when i spoke to my parents about this they told me to postpone my withdrawal and give it a couple more weeks. Also if i transfer i'll still have to pay accommodation through till next year unless somebody else has it. I called my other university which im hoping to still transfer to about accommodation and also transfer withdrawals and also the university im in now about how long i can try till i can withdraw without any payment fees. In Nottingham Trent i have yuntill the 20th of Oct to try untill i will have to start paying and in Bangor, where i want to transfer, they will only accept me untill the 18/19th but have to get things sorted by the 11th/14th. I hope this has helped, ive been thinking about transferring ever since i got here. Scared on making the wrong decision though.
Won't happen. You'll be advised to drop out and reapply to the university you want to goto for 2014.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending