The Student Room Group

UCAS points requirements on the rise again

Tesco was 280 last year, now 320
Reply 1
Do they always check your A levels? I have a 2:1 degree but dont qualify for alot of schemes because of my bad A-levels.

Anyone lied and got away with it?
Reply 2
don't know, if they did you would probably get fired. Actually I was working for a company and someone said they got a 2.1 when in fact they got a 2.2 and the company checked and they get fired.

So what are you looking to do then? what is an alternative to graduate scheme?
Reply 3
Ah, that is BS. More pressure/dependency on the government then.
Original post by Xian7
Do they always check your A levels? I have a 2:1 degree but dont qualify for alot of schemes because of my bad A-levels.

Anyone lied and got away with it?

Yes they do check. You will probably have to take your certificates in on the first day.
Reply 5
If I did my a levels again would it be ok?
Original post by matt1001
If I did my a levels again would it be ok?

Most of them specify first sitting only, check with the ones you want to apply to though
Original post by Hedgeman49
Most of them specify first sitting only, check with the ones you want to apply to though

Agreed.

To the OP:

The use of UCAS points is to filter the number of applicants. There is no other reason for it. As hedgeman says some specify first sitting only.

Not all graduate schemes use the UCAS filter and its important to remember grad schemes are very small in number compared to the number of graduates. They are far from the norm for graduates.
Reply 8
I don't know that much about UCAS points. I mean I know what the grades are worth, but can you uses AS levels towards it at half the regular value?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
so what are the other options for graduate rather than grad schemes?
Original post by Airfairy
I don't know that much about UCAS points. I mean I know what the grades are worth, but can you uses AS levels towards it at half the regular value?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, again they usually only count your top three full A-levels
Reply 11
Original post by Hedgeman49
No, again they usually only count your top three full A-levels

Ah okay. Thanks for the info!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending